Gay Pride in Sheffield?

I'm quite partial to wine gums. Can we have a Wine Gum Parade down Fargate?

I obviously don't quite get what 'Gay Pride' is all about. By all means, make your claims for equality, but I want to witness similar-minded folk 'getting it on' in public as much as I want to watch a hippopotamus suffer the trots.

There'll be homosexuals in Emmerdale next, just you wait and see....,

My other half was working in Manchester some years ago when one of these was going off and they wouldn't stop thrusting leaflets for gay bars in his hands. I wouldn't mind but he looks about as Gay as a wet weekend in Cleethorpes.

I would much sooner we had a winegum pride in Sheffield thats something that wouldn't turn my stomach.

Pod

* This is because they have a scene to be proud of. *

We might not have as many flashy bars etc, but I think the gay community of Sheffield is a slightly different one to the boom towns of Leeds and Manchester, and maybe that's because Sheffield is a friendlier city than those two (on the whole) and that's why they need to have such a comfort zone of bars. I know in Sheffield I can go down the local and hold hands with my girlfiend and not worry. When I lived in Leeds this was not always the case and hense we tried to ensure we were somewhere 'gay' before displaying certain types of behaviour. I don't feel that tension here.

FYI Ousetunes pride events don't just involve gay people going outside to 'get it on'. It's a celebration of diversity and culture which for the other 364 days of the year goes on under the nose of the rest of world unnoticed. We should be proud of and celebrate all our different demographics as a city.

FYI Ousetunes pride events don't just involve gay people going outside to 'get it on'. It's a celebration of diversity and culture which for the other 364 days of the year goes on under the nose of the rest of world unnoticed. We should be proud of and celebrate all our different demographics as a city.

The last Pride I was at was free of folks "getting it on"...there was however more bitching than Crufts!:D

Archived