Dore and Totley High School

Remm

Hi,I remember the name Miss.Trott,I cannot for the life of me remember which school she was at when I was there,I do not recall attending dore & totley high school !! (but at my age ,63ish,I could be wrong!!!!

I'm 66 and went to numerous schools but Miss Trott that we are talking about was definitely the Principal (and owner) of Dore & Totley High School. If it helps you, our uniforms were emerald green with cream blouses. Green velour hats - uniform had to be obtained from Coles. We also wore green knickers which we used for gym.

vague memories of spending a short time at the school but I am unable to confirm them.I was one of only a handfull of boys at the school.I can still semi picture Miss.Trott as a fairly large and formidable figure.

Oh, yes she was large and formidable. I think they took boys in the junior section, probably up to the 11+

I was in the senior school although I was the youngest by far. I was only there for 4 terms and then went to a boarding school in Somerset.

• 2 years later...

I was a pupil at Dore & Totley High School in Totley Brook Road and have a long roll out photograph of the pupils and teachers dated 1954. I would be 7/8 years old then.

I can remember some of the teachers, Miss Bird 1st year and Mrs Wingfield 2nd year.

Just seen this tread has popped up again, Our form teacher was Mrs Scott, and mrs Mann was the music teacher. also Mrs Platt that taught Latin. Remember some of the names already mentioned on here. Of the pupils names l can remember are. Helen Baldwin, Judith Whittat, Frances Buchanan, Susan Fitten, Liz Benson, Jill Shepard, Mary White.

• 6 months later...

Hi KAth/Kathy. I AM Margaret (Maggie Simkin) and I have just found you after 37 years!!! !I lived down south as you know, but for 35years and I came home in 2003 and now live just outside sheffield. Please ring me on 01433-630662 or email me here and see if we can meet up!Have been trying to find you for many many yeasr even when I have been visitng, and you were never on friends reunited.Cannot believe this!

Archived