Outdoor games you used to play

Lots Skipping , Whip and Top, Hide and Seek, A lot of cycle riding, Roller Skating, Ice Skating on frozen ponds. How to hide from your mother when it was time to go in, Tennis, Pitch and Putt, Make dens,climb Trees., Two Ball. Hand stands, cartwheels. Hopscotch. Play in the woods go fishing. As you may have guessed I was labelled a tomboy.

Tennis, Badminton, bat and ball, tarzan swing was the best we had an ace one down near Aston fishing ponds. Scrumping in the late holidays.

One, two,three up - I'd spend hours doing handstands. And one i've never heard of anywhere else where i really didn't understand the rules - Wake up sugarbaby. It had quite intricate rules which ended with poking people to wake up and then yelling in one poor sap's ear "WAKE UP SUGARBABY"

When i was a small child i used to love to play in the fields behind my house sadly now houses are there. It was corn fields and we'd eat the corn remember cutting my finger really badly on it once. we'd also go elderflower collecting and bramble collecting for pies.

Outdoor games you use to play when you where a youth.

Here's a few we use to play

Hide and seek,kids don't seem to play it any more.

Kick can.

di laviho .

anyone think of any more??????

Yes! That's the game I used to play too. :)

It used to be so popular in our junior school that it got banned, cos kids fell down and hurt themselves from running. :rolleyes:

I guess mommies didn't like their precious darlings walking home bleeding to death. :hihi: Oh, it was so much fun. Running so much until you can't breathe.

Lots of slightly dangerous ones, growing up in the countryside...like messing with bales of straw, pulling apart haystacks and trying to make tunnels into the middles of them.

We used to have these pits called 'tips' in the middle of fields that would be full of deep water and we'd mess round them. Once we found a dumped tractor half in and out of one and decided to bounce on it, of course it started to fall in and we almost went with it.

Chucking mud and cow muck bombs was also popular ;)

We played in old barns in piles of asbestos waste and chucked that round too.

Archived