Outdoor games you used to play

tiggy bob down, whip and top, roller skating, french skipping and sumat i didnt know the name of, it was a tennis ball in a leg of one my mums tights and you had to stand up against a wall and move it from side to side and under leg etc. oh and of course handstands and cartwheel competitions. so many childhood memories :)

Me and a few mates when about 13 or 14 yrs old played what in hindsight was a very dangerous game we called 'Sniper', taking it in turns to fire air pistol pellets from an upstairs window at the others as they took refuge in my mates large and overgrown garden with nothing to defend themselves with except dustbin lids and other 'shields' :o

The pistols velocity wasn't great and remarkably none of us got seriously injured, just the odd profanity as a pellet grazed the skin or ricocheted off the shield. We used to find it extremely funny at the time :loopy:

Don't ever think of playing this at home kids - you'll have a police armed response team at your door before you know it :help:

hop scotch, skipping ropes we also played bit tennis balls, you had two and had to through them at the wall through your legs turn round touch the ground etc and still catch it. My mums just taught my dd how to play it lol

Oh my god...Di laviho!!! we used to play that all the time and kick can and bulll dog...I was the youngest who played and was always called a den sticker!!! but i got my revenge when it was my time to hide I woul go home and watch tv for a bit then come out about half hour later!!!! LOL

I have played two of these games, but what is kick-ball-fly? :)

Kick-ball-fly is a variation on hide and seek, I guess... You need a football, though :P One person is "it"; another person kicks the ball as far as they can; the "it" person chases after it while everyone else hides... First one to be found is "it" next time... I think... :huh: A long time since I played it!

Archived