Britain's youngest mum and dads

NatalieSheff

I missed the programme but the idea of kids having kids upsets and concerns me a great deal.

As a parent I shudder to think how I would have coped had I had my son when I was still at school. Its hard enough being a parent when you have some life experience and maturity to bring to the job.

Originally posted by beckb

I missed the programme but the idea of kids having kids upsets and concerns me a great deal.

As a parent I shudder to think how I would have coped had I had my son when I was still at school. Its hard enough being a parent when you have some life experience and maturity to bring to the job.

I missed this too... was planning to watch but ended up going out and forgetting it was on... never mind... it was a good night :) all the same

The part that angered me was that little chavette who didn't give a toss about her child after she'd had it. Her and her sister had a race to see who could get pregnant first when they're 15 and 16.

What's happening :wow:

I watched this and was amazed at the so called parent of the two girls that were pregnant. None of that family were adult enough to make decisions not even the so called step dad and real mother. I don`t hold out any hope for the other 3 girls, they will I fear also become pregnant as soon as they can.

I discussed the way the 14 year olds don`t respect sex on the listening to a conversation on a bus thread.

Where are the values and morals of life or have parents given up on these. There seemed very little of these in the programme last night.

Sounds like the start of 'The Marching Morons'.....(a science fiction story from the 1930s/40s that has aged really badly...)

The idea that the brighter and more responsible members of society will have less kids, and the feckless ones will have more, so that there'll be a shift in population towards folks from a less than brilliant background.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the future population will be full of people with the same outlook and attitudes as their parents, but it doesn't look hopeful.

Kinda scary.

Joe

Archived