Straight men - have you ever had a gay experience?

As a straight man, I'm often still somewhat amazed that so many other (apparently straight) men find gay men and gay sexuality in general something to ridicule or fear.

I've had a couple of brief experiences of 'gayness' for want of a better word - one with a gay man, one with a straight man - I enjoyed both episodes, accept that they occured and feel secure and happy enough about it to be talking about it on SF.

I wonder how many of those who post negatively about homosexuality have ever had such experiences and whether they might feel differently about gay people if they had?

Any thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "a gay experience" .. I've known and been friends with several gay guys, but they all knew I was straight and wouldn't ever have tried anything on. I've never been hit on by a guy save on websites, and those messages are easy to ignore.

Not sure what you mean by "a gay experience" .. I've known and been friends with several gay guys, but they all knew I was straight and wouldn't ever have tried anything on. I've never been hit on by a guy save on websites, and those messages are easy to ignore.

I meant a sexual experience with a man.

I was once hit on by a gay man, didn't bother me in the slightest, I was quite flattered!

I'd imagine that those who do have a problem with homosexuality are the same kind of people who read the tabloids and assume that we're being overrun by foreigners without having actually met one.

As a straight man, I'm often still somewhat amazed that so many other (apparently straight) men find gay men and gay sexuality in general something to ridicule or fear.

I've had a couple of brief experiences of 'gayness' for want of a better word - one with a gay man, one with a straight man - I enjoyed both episodes, accept that they occured and feel secure and happy enough about it to be talking about it on SF.

I wonder how many of those who post negatively about homosexuality have ever had such experiences and whether they might feel differently about gay people if they had?

Any thoughts?

But doesn't that make you bi-sexual? Why would a straight man want gay experiences normal straight men would find the whole idea a little cringe worthy?

Pod

Always did have my suspicions about you :suspect:

But doesn't that make you bi-sexual?
No more so than a vegetarian who ate two bacon sarnies in 1989 isn't a vegetarian.

Why would a straight man want gay experiences normal straight men would find the whole idea a little cringe worthy?

What's normal? There are plenty of straight men who don't find the idea cringeworthy.

But doesn't that make you bi-sexual? Why would a straight man want gay experiences normal straight men would find the whole idea a little cringe worthy?

Pod

I Think it's a case of ''try before you buy'' most of us have had some same sex experience at least once in our lifetime, it's experimenting and a way of knowing what we like and what we dont like!

I've had a few experience's with women and i liked it but i would never have a relationship with a women!

Archived