Straight men - have you ever had a gay experience?

I guess I'm some sort of pre-meterosexual dinosaur, because I'm straight and have never felt the desire or inclination to have a sexual encounter with another man.

I'm afraid that to me, straight means exactly that; anything else indicates you're bi or gay.

Which ain't a problem, but I like to know exactly what floats soemone's boat. :)

Exactly. I think it's very disingenuous to claim you're straight when you're actually bi-sexual. I think it's only fair to let other people know where they stand with you - no joke intended :hihi:

StarSparkle

I meant a sexual experience with a man.

That's interesting. First to do it and second to admit it. Most of the blokes I know would never do the first and even if they ever so much as considered it they would never do the second.

I would suggest that you ponder your own sexuallity as you may well be bi sexual or maybe gay. I'm told that people live a happier life when they 'come out' or even admit it to themselves.

I myself have never had such an experience nor have I ever had a sexual thought to another male.

Not my cup of tea but, as joe said, whatever floats your boat.

I've been hit on by both gay men and transexuals, but politely refused their advances. While I'm not repulsed by gay people or their acts together, it's not something I'm interested in experiencing for myself. I don't think for some people it is as easy as being gay, bi or straight. People and their feelings can change drastically, no one has the right to judge someone else because of who they find attractive.

I guess I'm some sort of pre-meterosexual dinosaur, because I'm straight and have never felt the desire or inclination to have a sexual encounter with another man.

I'm afraid that to me, straight means exactly that; anything else indicates you're bi or gay.

Which ain't a problem, but I like to know exactly what floats soemone's boat. :)

My word, but you must have some very interesting conversations!!

But I think it's perfectly possible to have a homosexual encounter or two, but basically be straight! I like the analogy of the vegetarian having a bacon sarnie, I think it's very accurate.

To say you're bi-sexual when you've had perhaps one gay experience is surely more misleading than to say you're straight, if that's what you feel you are?

I think sexuality is a lot more complicated and subtle than just a choice of 3 options, but I can see how that could be confusing to people who are very firmly at one end of the spectrum or the other.

I like the way despite being amazing complex species we can be divided into 3 categories. Straight, Bi, or Gay. Almost as simple as male/female but thats defined by genetics you can't get around it without a bit of surgery ;)

Actually there are at least twelve possible sets of sexual characteristics, only two of which are straightforward male and female. It is society's refusal to accept any of the others that causes so many problems.

The same could be said of the straight/bi/gay debate. It's frankly ludicrous to suggest that someone who tried gay sex once umpteen years ago and decided he didn't like it, must be bisexual. Personally I find the thought repellent, but if circumstances dictated it was necessary (someone had a gun to my wife's head might just about do it), I'm quite capable of bending over and taking one up the rear. That does not make me remotely anything other than 100% straight.

Archived