Straight men - have you ever had a gay experience?

Halibut, Blondie blue.

I'm all for try before you buy, but I can not at all understand how a TRUE straight person could possibly have feelings enough to try a gay experiment out. Surely true straight people wouldn't be able to get turned on. Personally I wouldn't be able to "experiment" my stomach would turn.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against gay people at all, I'm just saying surely that makes a person Bi-sexual not straight.

Pod

Well i am a TRUE hetrosexual i have never had relationships with women and i love men... why do you have to be in one basket? personally i think it's because i am very comfortable with my sexuality that allows me to be openminded!

My word, but you must have some very interesting conversations!!

But I think it's perfectly possible to have a homosexual encounter or two, but basically be straight! I like the analogy of the vegetarian having a bacon sarnie, I think it's very accurate.

To say you're bi-sexual when you've had perhaps one gay experience is surely more misleading than to say you're straight, if that's what you feel you are?

I think sexuality is a lot more complicated and subtle than just a choice of 3 options, but I can see how that could be confusing to people who are very firmly at one end of the spectrum or the other.

Actually, I rarely have such conversations with people anyway - I tend to believe that these things are best kept private between the people to whom it matters.

To me, it's not 'what you feel you are' - if you've enjoyed relationships with men and women, then you're bisexual. What's the problem in being accurate here?

It's patronising to say 'it's confusing to people firmly at one end of teh spectrum'. Actually, I'd argue that if people aren't happy about being labelled bisexual in this sort of context, then perhaps they have the confusion, not me. :)

Personally I find the thought repellent, but if circumstances dictated it was necessary (someone had a gun to my wife's head might just about do it), I'm quite capable of bending over and taking one up the rear. That does not make me remotely anything other than 100% straight.

Yeah, I know what you mean. If I could find someone to shoot my missus I'd consider letting them bugger me too. :D

Each to their own but I've personally never been remotely interested in a gay encounter of the sexual kind.

i think the fact that someone even considers trying same sex experience indicates that they are bisexual even if they decide that it isn't for them after the experience. most hetero men wouldn't even think of trying it as they are repulsed by the idea. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with the minority who are not repulsed its just that they are homosexual or bisexual and simply have a different mindset to a person who is heterosexual.

Halibut, Blondie blue.

I'm all for try before you buy, but I can not at all understand how a TRUE straight person could possibly have feelings enough to try a gay experiment out. Surely true straight people wouldn't be able to get turned on. Personally I wouldn't be able to "experiment" my stomach would turn.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against gay people at all, I'm just saying surely that makes a person Bi-sexual not straight.

Pod

No it doesn't, if its just a one off how can it make you bi? I am in a long term relationship with a woman, therefore I am gay. A person who has long term relationships with either men or women, is bi sexual. A person who will sleep with either sex is just a bit.. bi curious ;)

No it doesn't, if its just a one off how can it make you bi? I am in a long term relationship with a woman, therefore I am gay. A person who has long term relationships with either men or women, is bi sexual. A person who will sleep with either sex is just a bit.. bi curious ;)

I agree with Templeman here - if someone is curious enough to go ahead and have a sexual encounter with a member of the same sex, then that, to me, is the definition of bi-sexual. Having a degree of sexual interest in the same sex, to the extent you are prepared to act on it, can only mean you are bi-sexual, or you wouldn't have those feelings.

StarSparkle

The difference between a gay man and a straight man is about 6 pints. :nod:

Developing a desperate desire for a kebab doesn't make you gay does it!?

In all seriousness if you are seeing people of the opposite sex as sexually attractive after 6/10/whatever pints, then you are not straight.

Developing a desperate desire for a kebab doesn't make you gay does it!?

In all seriousness if you are seeing people of the opposite sex as sexually attractive after 6/10/whatever pints, then you are not straight.

I see you never met meaks then. :D

Archived