Music shop on Chapel Walk

gillmarx

Two things I rmember most about Cannes. late 60's

I used to walk up Chapel Walk past the shop every morning to catch the 95 to Broomhill and in the Window was a Black Gibson Les Paul with Gold fittings (Guitar).

I don't want to be pedantic but you didn't catch the 95 to Broomhill.

51 52 54 55 60 take your pick.

I used to walk up Chapel Walk past the shop every morning to catch the 95 to Broomhill and in the Window was a Black Gibson Les Paul with Gold fittings (Guitar). I was 15 and earned £2-19/11d a week. The Guitar must have been around £400 - £500. I actually thought I could save up and buy it (How we Dream).

i think it was a gibson black beauty lostrider i thought it was about 300 quid , polo mints and parkdrive ,got to be aline for a song some in that

Remember going to see a pop group there, to launch their new album in the 70s, no one recognised them as they walked past, so they had to come out of the shop again, and re do it, was great, we all cheered. God, can I remember the name of them ?? Think it was Strawberry summat or other.

Think it might have been Supertramp you saw there...

Not sure about Chapel Walk (the location you give seems like Cann's) but there was a Bradleys in Fargate, near the end of Norfolk Row.

No, there was one one Chapel walk as well, other side to Canns. Can't remember exactly where - may even have been facing Canns, but I think it was in the block between the back of M&S and the Crucible end.

I used to walk up Chapel Walk past the shop every morning to catch the 95 to Broomhill and in the Window was a Black Gibson Les Paul with Gold fittings (Guitar). I was 15 and earned £2-19/11d a week. The Guitar must have been around £400 - £500. I actually thought I could save up and buy it (How we Dream).

i think it was a gibson black beauty lostrider i thought it was about 300 quid , polo mints and parkdrive ,got to be aline for a song some in that

Do you remenber the hi-fi bits in the display case on the stairs down to the record department - SME tonearm a fortune at around £30.

Archived