Remember limes club

Is this the place between Burngreave and Pitsmoor?

I remember passing it most Monday evenings in 1979/1980 because we knew the owners of KFC in Firth Park and used to visit regularly. I remember the green flourescent sign 'The Limes' lit up at night.

Was an ok place...used to have decent turn's on there as well.!

Was cool on Tuesday night's, after finishing work at 9pm.! used to go there listeb to said turn couple of pints then home.!

Not many working mens clubs have survived nower day's more's the pity.!

jt

It was a great place in the 60's, you couldn't get in if you didn't dress decently, I came on holidays in 1990 and my old mate Mick C was managing the place, all the glass doors were boarded up because of being smashed, I could not believe the way it had gone downhill.

Was an ok place...used to have decent turn's on there as well.!

Was cool on Tuesday night's, after finishing work at 9pm.! used to go there listeb to said turn couple of pints then home.!

Not many working mens clubs have survived nower day's more's the pity.!

jt

theres still quite a few working mens clubs around and you would be suprised how busy they can get...i used to work at highgreen wmc and on a tues fri sat and sunday iit was usually rammed (turn nite) and now i work at southey social and it gets busy in there...only problem i have is joining cos alot like their originals and no new comers! but to carry the club on they NEED new members!