Did anyone on here work for Brass Founders?

• 3 weeks later...

I now work at Brassfounders,on Carlisle street.The men from Scotland street,now work for the Europa Eng.,Group,which is based at Patinson bros.off Attercliffe Common.They were transferred there after Mr Buxton sold the company,two years ago

• 2 weeks later...

hello I was employed as a patternmaker at Bf form 4 years until I along with my young family emigrated to Canada in feb 1989. I must say it was one of the best companys that I have worked for.Still would like to know who was responsible for cutting john Buxtons hair , How did he get it like that in the days before hair gel was invented ? where are the lads now browny, squiresy ( prob moved in togeather by now ha ha ) pockets, mad mick, jack, don and his lovley wife linda. A great place to work with good honest people ( that includes ernie mow , god bless the old fool )

BAZMCC are you barry scrabble. pm me if its you baz

hello I was employed as a patternmaker at Bf form 4 years until I along with my young family emigrated to Canada in feb 1989. I must say it was one of the best companys that I have worked for.Still would like to know who was responsible for cutting john Buxtons hair , How did he get it like that in the days before hair gel was invented ? where are the lads now browny, squiresy ( prob moved in togeather by now ha ha ) pockets, mad mick, jack, don and his lovley wife linda. A great place to work with good honest people ( that includes ernie mow , god bless the old fool )

BAZMCC are you barry scrabble. pm me if its you baz

No I am not Barry Scrabble,have only worked there for 2yrs,but , Mick Goodwin,Trevor Squires,Jack,Terry,Graham Hoole,Pete Linfit,Peter Hukin,Pete Earl,Dave Hukin,Richard the Owl,still work there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi

Just wondered if you knew Gordon Taylor? He worked there around

30 years ago???

:D

My Dad worked for BF at Gower St from ( I think) 1955 or so, until he was made redundant in the mid 80s. His name was Arthur and he worked as a moulder ,I know he worked with Gordon Taylor and Colin Ball. I can remember him telling me about the bosses car which I think was a Bentley. My Dad couldnt get over it having a phone in it ( must have been highly unusual for those days) Was he tickled pink when my husbands new company car arrived also fitted with one . One up to the workers!

Anyone work for Brass Founders on Scotland Street or know of anyone who did? My dad worked there for 30 odd years!

My missus Betty worked there for a number of years until October 1993. She worked in the garage with Derek, making up the patterns for the plaques. Your dad might know her.

Archived