Fishing river sheaf millhouses

has anybody fished the river sheaf in millhouses park ? were are the best places and what did you catch?

It's mainly trout in the river,I've fished where there is deep water at the top end(Beauchief end),Just below a small waterfall.You also want to try the small pond at the side of Tesco's car park.Go along the wooden walkway at the side of the car park & you will see where I mean.

• 7 years later...

Have started to spend some time in the park this year to walk the dog but really fancying having a crack at fishing it some time. Any up to date information available? Obviously still fish in there - seen them turning, but never seen anyone fishing it even before the season closed. There's some lovely looking stretches that I wouldn't mind trying my luck on.

Has anyone fished it regularly - any tips?

• 6 months later...
Have started to spend some time in the park this year to walk the dog but really fancying having a crack at fishing it some time. Any up to date information available? Obviously still fish in there - seen them turning, but never seen anyone fishing it even before the season closed. There's some lovely looking stretches that I wouldn't mind trying my luck on.

Has anyone fished it regularly - any tips?

Hi I've fished the little pond behind the big tescos using maggot on a little bobber float and 4lb hooklength, was pulling out brown trout from anywhere between 2oz to 1/2lb. Try fishing in the slack areas to the pond :)