Anyone remember the Gatefield club

miffa

Well he would have been drinking there from when it opened right up to his death which would be around 88-89 also went in the Sportsman near derbyshire lane , the Cremone on London Road and the Broadfield (long before it was a student hang out)

My grandad drank in there in the 80's but got barred from the Broadfield:rolleyes:He was called Reg.

My grandad drank in there in the 80's but got barred from the Broadfield:rolleyes:He was called Reg.
He must have been a bit of a lad to get chucked out of the Broadfield. I used to go in underage, but the cops never bothered me cos I was in Navy uniform, my mates would get summoned for it but not me. I used to remember the Sally Army ladies coming in selling War Crys. They were OK though, they had a sense of humour. I lived on Glen Road.

He must have been a bit of a lad to get chucked out of the Broadfield. I used to go in underage, but the cops never bothered me cos I was in Navy uniform, my mates would get summoned for it but not me. I used to remember the Sally Army ladies coming in selling War Crys. They were OK though, they had a sense of humour. I lived on Glen Road.

It was usually after the first gallon of Guinness...

• 2 years later...
I would be interested to know if its still there,i went on my first proper date there,long long ago lol.

Had some good Sunday lunch time sessions there with a turn on and bingo..my mum and dad were members. If i remember there was a big beam in the middle of the room and you couldnt always see the turn . Mr Bunker and his wife used to go (Bunker and Pratley) he seemed quite posh for a working mans club ..i remember he had aTriumph Stag at the time.

• 12 years later...

Was a member in the 1990’s, always had a good crack with those who played snooker in the afternoon session🤪😵💫, even think at one stage they had strippers on a Sunday afternoon followed by bingo, needs to say, never missed a game of that👍, think landlord was called Tony?, when it closed he ran the queens road club opposite skating ring?, not many clubs left now, good old times truly missed🤬!.