LISTED - What a Dump!

BruciesBabe

We called in on the opening night, a nice bouncer let us in, it seemed to be invitation only.

It was very fresh and clean (obviously....it had just been painted and opened) but it struck me that it didn't seem to know what it was in terms of identity. It's very neutral, dare I say bland. The music was pretty non descript and it seemed to be more of a doctor's waiting room than a classy west street bar.

I think I picked the only toilet with a flush that didn't work - a bit poor for an opening night.

I've not been back and can't say I'm inspired to return. There's no unique selling point. It blends into the background compared to other bars in the area.

I thought it was decent, main complaint was that its very very warm! the air con hardly did a thing for you unless you're right underneath it! Musicaly its not going to win many plaudits from the under 30's but for the mature type it will be very popular I'm sure. Sofas are VERY comfy too...its just a case of getting there early to grab one!

Being 30 myself, It didn't inspire me at all. I would far prefer a nice bar that had decent background music - funky soul kinda thing, that had a good wine, champagne, real beer (not stella and fosters!) and cocktail list.

Bar staff that knew what they were doing would be a bonus too!

Apart from Ivory and All Bar One, I don't think that this kind of place exists in Sheffield and its sorely missed.

Went the other day and was abit suprised to see how plain it was inside. Was really suprised at the prices thought they were really steep for what they were offering. Cocktails were a let down, printed menus and handwritten prices and cocktails that weren't real cocktails. Shame. Anyway, seems "FINE" in there. I'm happy with another bar in Sheffield tho :) oh my lord and the markup on champagne was silly! like 60 quid for a bottle of 23quid in supermarket sainsburies rose champagne! i know places markup but i think thats the biggest in sheffield.

Archived