Police harass me For filming them at work

I too have been lied to by the police... something that plainly wasn't illegal which they claimed was. Asked them for the specific legislation, no answer. Called them a liar to their face. Not much they could do about it.

Your film comes as no surprise.

Shame you didn't ask for their badge numbers, as I understand it they must provide if asked.

I too have been lied to by the police... something that plainly wasn't illegal which they claimed was. Asked them for the specific legislation, no answer. Called them a liar to their face. Not much they could do about it.

Your film comes as no surprise.

Shame you didn't ask for their badge numbers, as I understand it they must provide if asked.

Ive had this refused to me by 2 officers and whilst i was on the phone talking to their inspector i was bundled to the ground and cuffed.

It was a while ago so i hope things had changed. Maybe not though looking at this:roll:

If you vote for a "Police State", then you get it! :)

If you don't bother to vote, then you get one.

If you treat the words of "Authority" as being "God", then you get a "Police State".

If you vote for those who don't seek a repressive "Police State" into power, you won't have to live in one.

Simple......USE YOUR VOTE EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!

:)

It didn't look to me as if they were lying, otherwise they wouldn't have radioed in for clarification.

No-one likes being filmed by strangers, and its pretty obvious that a police officer would treat it with suspicion - I've seen images of figures in authority posted on internet sites that potentially places their physical wellbeing in jeopardy. I'm sure there was a good possibility that they'd have apologised for the error if your attitude towards them was perhaps less cocky and more diplomatic.

Being a copper ain't an easy ride, and they're human, not robots. One of the first things they need to adopt is an air of authority. When a mistake is made like the one in your vid and the videomaker revels in point scoring with such a hostile attitude, I should imagine that most people with average social experience would find it difficult to deal with and save face, let alone two fresh faced coppers.

Looking at it from my point of view, I don't see the dark puppets of a police state lying to the public and stamping on freedom of speech and civil liberties. I see two young recruits alarmed at being filmed, making an honest mistake and sheepishly backing out of a confrontation with a member of the public being a bit snotty with them.

No offence, Darren, just commenting on what I saw.

I agree with Ant. The poster seemed to be deliberately provoking the Police, and you can't blame them for checking out what he was up to.

You also can't blame two young coppers for not knowing every letter of the law, just because somebody with a strange hobby happens to have checked on it.

It didn't look to me as if they were lying, otherwise they wouldn't have radioed in for clarification.

No-one likes being filmed by strangers, and its pretty obvious that a police officer would treat it with suspicion - I've seen images of figures in authority posted on internet sites that potentially places their physical wellbeing in jeopardy. I'm sure there was a good possibility that they'd have apologised for the error if your attitude towards them was perhaps less cocky and more diplomatic.

Being a copper ain't an easy ride, and they're human, not robots. One of the first things they need to adopt is an air of authority. When a mistake is made like the one in your vid and the videomaker revels in point scoring with such a hostile attitude, I should imagine that most people with average social experience would find it difficult to deal with and save face, let alone two fresh faced coppers.

Looking at it from my point of view, I don't see the dark puppets of a police state lying to the public and stamping on freedom of speech and civil liberties. I see two young recruits alarmed at being filmed, making an honest mistake and sheepishly backing out of a confrontation with a member of the public being a bit snotty with them.

No offence, Darren, just commenting on what I saw.

i agree with ant

but you seem to be a lefty with a right on attitude small town wannabe working class hero

yep you will fit in well with melthebell and bago and the like you will be calling all of us bigots and bulling us with your right on attitude if we dont agree with you

sorry if i seem a little harsh but thats how i see it

welcome :D

Archived