Police harass me For filming them at work

It's a shame the OP adopted such a stroppy and slightly aggressive attitude. He has a point in that he knew a point of law better than a couple of coppers, but he comes across as if baiting cops is his favourite hobby.....

It's a shame the OP adopted such a stroppy and slightly aggressive attitude. He has a point in that he knew a point of law better than a couple of coppers, but he comes across as if baiting cops is his favourite hobby.....

Yes and he baited them with that terrible accent. Well done, you stood your ground and proved the officers wrong but to keep baiting them afterwards is wrong, would you be so aggressive had you been burgled and needed the services of the police?

Anyone remember back in the 60s when the Sheffield police were headline news in all the papers about a beating that had taken place in their station, they even did a skit about it on 'That was the week that was' it was realy funny.Millicent Martin was in it then.

It didn't look to me as if they were lying, otherwise they wouldn't have radioed in for clarification.

No-one likes being filmed by strangers, and its pretty obvious that a police officer would treat it with suspicion - I've seen images of figures in authority posted on internet sites that potentially places their physical wellbeing in jeopardy. I'm sure there was a good possibility that they'd have apologised for the error if your attitude towards them was perhaps less cocky and more diplomatic.

Being a copper ain't an easy ride, and they're human, not robots. One of the first things they need to adopt is an air of authority. When a mistake is made like the one in your vid and the videomaker revels in point scoring with such a hostile attitude, I should imagine that most people with average social experience would find it difficult to deal with and save face, let alone two fresh faced coppers.

Looking at it from my point of view, I don't see the dark puppets of a police state lying to the public and stamping on freedom of speech and civil liberties. I see two young recruits alarmed at being filmed, making an honest mistake and sheepishly backing out of a confrontation with a member of the public being a bit snotty with them.

No offence, Darren, just commenting on what I saw.

so its ok for the police, the council & anyone else with a cctv camera to film us, but we cant film the police?

you shouldve taklen their badge numbers & made a complaint.

This film has reminded me of my mate one night (he was slightly intoxicated) who when stopped in the street by a copper, and after a short debate and to the policemans wording of 'it's an offense to argue with a policeman' he replied sarcastically with 'no it isn't' :hihi::hihi:

well, a policepersons job is not an easy one, and just like the rest of us they get things wrong. I work in the mental health and have so much red tape "donts" i have to obey sometimes i need to phone my boss to make sure i get a situation right. If i get it wrong then the least i can do is apologise, im sure if the police would have aplogised to the op it would have looked alot more proffessional than just walking away, we are only human afterall. But maybe the op shouldnt have baited them when they walked away

Archived