Coffee bars of the 60's

Aries22

I went once, as a dare on my 16th birthday....we went in, walked round and came back out again in fits of giggles......we were good girls and it had a wee bit of a reputation at that time.:hihi:

Oh just noticed the 60's part....this was in 1958....sorry

JoanL I know it had a bad reputation but used to go at dinnertime with my mates from whiteleys collage there was a crowd of us. Did'nt dare go in the evenings, it was in 1958 that we went. For me it was good fun Good coffee and a Jukebox

JoanL I know it had a bad reputation but used to go at dinnertime with my mates from whiteleys collage there was a crowd of us. Did'nt dare go in the evenings, it was in 1958 that we went. For me it was good fun Good coffee and a Jukebox

Oh yes it was.....it was Thursday afternoon when we went on March 20th...I know it was Thursday cos we worked at C&A's and it was half day closing....so our Thursday afternoon jaunts were like going out of a night time.....and such fun:hihi:

I remember the one on Chapel Walk but do not remember the name. Its hard to think about Coffee Bars with all the binge drinking going on. I think there was one in London called the 2ii it was where a lot of the pop stars first performed.

I remember the one on Chapel Walk but do not remember the name. Its hard to think about Coffee Bars with all the binge drinking going on. I think there was one in London called the 2ii it was where a lot of the pop stars first performed.

Was it once called The Sidewalk?

Archived