Jinnah Pakastani Restaurant Ecclesfield.

surfinjim

went last night was packed had to wait an hour to get seated but was well worth the wait the curry was spot on 9/10 the service bit unorganised but due to the fact its new. but overall very nice place nice staff and most of all nice curry

As previously posted I'm off there tonight, but fortunately I've booked. Just got sight of the take away menu from a work mate...........drroooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll........

Not had most of what's on there but they make it sound scrumptious.

Will let you all know my thoughts tomorrow, just hope it's not an anti - climax now. (That's what Mrs Pitsmoorlad uasually says to me)

Someone was asking for the phone number 0114 2467238

As promised here it is, my honest opinion: Went last night as a pre Birthday party.

Food....... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmm. It was nice to see more than Korma / passanda. There were about 14 different mild dishes to choose from. And SurfinJim was right about the lamb chops, had 'em as part of the mixed starter. Then I had something called Chicken LaJawab. 6 of us had 4 mild and 2 medium meals. Top Grub

Service.... OK. The whole meal of poppadom / starters / main took about an hour and three quarters to serve up and eat. Some may have thought there was a bit of a wait between courses but being a kind of a party we were OK with it.

Decor.... Very nice, but then as a new restaurant you'd expect it to be. Pleasant, busy, no loud music.

Price..... 6 people, 3 courses (if poppadoms are a course) couple of rounds of drinks..... came to £18 each. We were happy and we'll certainly go back again. Think that the wine per bottle is a bit pricey.

Only my opinion though and I'm no connoisseur.

went last night - didnt really rate it all .

very loud - very bright - cramped - food ok although waiters very very quick to take your plates away and cutlery.

I know its all new - but if you want somewhere a bit quiet- I would stay away and it reminds me of a indian chav version of a fast food restaurant.

sorry folks- honest opinion.

Was trying to get a reservation on Saturday but I think they took the phone off the hook because it was engaged for about 4 hours!

I'll give it a few weeks, let it die down a bit and let them settle in before I go.

I went last night and thought it was fantastic.

The food was superb - I had a tuna curry and it was just gorgeous.

Good service, tons of waiters and extremely welcoming and friendly. Its nicely decorated, with the bar being very nice. The old arundel conservatroy is basically as it was with just a bit of reupholstering and decorating but they've done a good job.

Its a tad pricey but worth it. And as its less than a 2 minute walk home, its a massive bonus (although not for my wallet and waistline!)

Archived