What cheers you up, when you are upset?

Cuddling my cats, watching Friends or Sex and the city reruns, having a good old bitchingfest, dancing, cheese and onion crisps, a really lovely smelling bottle of perfume, winning on e bay, poking people, chatting to my mate Rich online, coming on Sheffield Forum, playing statues with my little friend Abi, good food with good friends, making cloud pictures, having a manicure or pedicure, ginger beer, staring at the sea if possible, Thorntons diplomat continentals or hotel chocolate chocolates, watching a gig, watching a chickflick, making silly games up for my cats to play, sitting in the garden on a breezy yet sunny day, going to spa 1877, looking at Arctic monkeys forum and realising people have got it FAR worse than me, strawberry laces, singing chart hits very loudly and out of tune in a strong Rotherham accent, a lush creme candy bubbly bath with ayesha face mask and a strong cup of tea, a good swig of a decent bottle of wine or whisky.

I read through my "memory bank".

This was a present my daughter made for me when she was totally skint.

Pieces of paper in a decorated coffee jar each containing a funny/sad/loving/childhood/adult memory.

I have added to it over the years when something truly memorable happens.

Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry but it always cheers me up.

• 8 years later...

When I'm upset I work with flowers. I go to a class on Friday afternoons at Wickersley Community Centre S66 1JJ. It's for 2 hours 1pm to 3pm and I really look forward to seeing the people there and working with flowers and other materials. I'm so involved with what I'm doing that I forget my worries. If you would like to know more please pm me.