Sheffield Forum Chat Room

I must say that I do enjoy going into the SF chatroom in the evenings, and it's always pleasent and everyone has a good natter. There's usually about 8 or 9 people in there.

My question is....Why isn't it so popular? With god knows how may thousand members, only 8 or 9 enter the chat room?

Don't get me wrong, 8 or 9 is as much as I can keep up with conversation wise, as I'm not the worlds quickest typist (I started this thread at half 6 this morning), but just wondered.

I used to pop in chat all the time, but have since kept away and have only popped in on the odd occasion. It used to be far more popular, but a certain group of people made it a very unpleasant place to be and I guess that most of the forummers have kept away for that reason. I agree though, if there were more people in chat then the it would be almost impossible to keep up with the pace of one conversation, let alone 2 or more.

I used to pop in chat all the time, but have since kept away and have only popped in on the odd occasion. It used to be far more popular, but a certain group of people made it a very unpleasant place to be and I guess that most of the forummers have kept away for that reason. I agree though, if there were more people in chat then the it would be almost impossible to keep up with the pace of one conversation, let alone 2 or more.

I see what you mean. I can well imagine.

Cheers

i can remember when there used to be like 17 + in there at the evenings :o it was a nightmare keeping up but fun all the same :hihi:

but like agent orange has said some made it an uncomfortable for the regulars so i guess this is why most dont go on anymore i myself used to always be in chat but stopped and only pop in now and again depending whos in :)

Hmm i like the chat room mainly and spend many an happy hour chatting and having a laugh in there, i am most definately a regular (though not so much as i used to be).... it has to be said that some people cause problems for themselves, then the resulting arguments drive others away which is a shame! :(

Hmm i like the chat room mainly and spend many an happy hour chatting and having a laugh in there, i am most definately a regular (though not so much as i used to be).... it has to be said that some people cause problems for themselves, then the resulting arguments drive others away which is a shame! :(

I only go in when I see this ladeeee in ....:D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As you know we don't moderate the chat rooms but we can access the chat logs if we have a report that there is something to look at. We'll always check up if we get a report, and we have banned quite a few people in the past for their less than acceptable behaviour.

Please shout up folks, and try to give us a rough idea of names and times and who said what. We take it seriously!