Why I am starting to hate Sheffield and the UK

Well I'm just sick of city life - back to the country for me one day soon methinks...Sheffield's not as bad as most big cities, but it's getting there.

This kind of thing happens because of the demon drink though - that lovely refreshing pint for one person is poison for another. It's time the drink industry was taken to task over responsibility like the tobacco industry has been. Note that one of those prosecuted is a late 30s alcoholic woman.

thats what detention centres were but do gooders soon stopped them

Detention centre, is that the same thing as the Borstal used to be? or more of the lame exuse for youth detention centres that have sky T.V and pool tables. That's somthing that needs to stop too, it's more like a bloody holiday camp than a correction facility

Yes it's somthing sadly lacking in the youth of today at the moment, Millitary training should be compulsory after the first youth offence..

I would agree with that. Ok my knowledge of the camps visually is only what I've seen on editted TV, but from what people of a generation before have told me, they're quite accurate.