SUFC, are they trying to wind me up?

Robbie Loving

just seen this on website

It's student day at Bramall Lane on Saturday. Students from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University can get a Gillingham match ticket (Gordon Lamb stand) plus a pint and a pie for just £5.

"We are offering students a special match day package which will also include a booklet of McDonalds vouchers," said Box Office Manager Emma Wylie.

In addition, on production of the ticket stub, double the student discount can be obtained at Streetwise Sports throughout November.

The special tickets, which can be bought at the turnstiles tomorrow or through the universities, are available to students who hold student union membership cards.

For more information contact the Blades Box Office on 0870 787 1799.

absolutely unbelievable!!

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

just seen this on website

It's student day at Bramall Lane on Saturday. Students from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University can get a Gillingham match ticket (Gordon Lamb stand) plus a pint and a pie for just £5.

"We are offering students a special match day package which will also include a booklet of McDonalds vouchers," said Box Office Manager Emma Wylie.

In addition, on production of the ticket stub, double the student discount can be obtained at Streetwise Sports throughout November.

The special tickets, which can be bought at the turnstiles tomorrow or through the universities, are available to students who hold student union membership cards.

For more information contact the Blades Box Office on 0870 787 1799.

absolutely unbelievable!!

I agree, im having to pay £20 tomorrow!

Originally posted by SexyBlonde

I agree, im having to pay £20 tomorrow!

granted i can not go tomorrow, as im in blackpool

but surely charging them £5

free pint

free pie!!

even kids dont get this kind of concession (yes i know there not allowed the pint if they was a kid)

Well if this bunch of 'immigrants' to the city can be persuaded through the gates once they may return once converted, and make a avluable contribution to the finances of the club. Gillingham? Big match? If you're miffed, pick a part time course at Sheff College and enjoy the benefits of NUS membership!!!

Originally posted by Strix

Well if this bunch of 'immigrants' to the city can be persuaded through the gates once they may return once converted, and make a avluable contribution to the finances of the club. Gillingham? Big match? If you're miffed, pick a part time course at Sheff College and enjoy the benefits of NUS membership!!!

yeah but how many will actually get to return??

none reeally,

also if they was that bothered it would have been promotoed a long time ago!!

they have seen ticket sales are now down for gills game, and they have decided to do something with students due to the fact they could not change ticket prices of normal peoples with out causing a fuss!!

students generally will only turn up when offers are on like this (unless you already live in sheffield)

I always thought that they did a promo at the start of every uni year! ( Maybe I am mistaken but I'm sure I remember them doing offers when I was at uni a few years ago!)

Students are not all that bad anyway (occassionally!) When I was one, I worked behind the bar and also did voluntary work for over a year with the 'playing for success' which is held at SUFC and helps local secondary kids out by gaining extra skills.....maybe students can be useful!

Archived