SUFC, are they trying to wind me up?

Robbie Loving

How many empty seats would there have been for a normal game against Gillingham? Perhpas they're just being astute and selling them at that price to people who otherwise wouldn't have gone.

Perhaps over the next few month they'll extend the same offer to asylum seekers, on-strike civil servants, chavs (no, perhaps not, they pay full price already) or SWFC supporters.:D

Originally posted by Strix

If you're miffed, pick a part time course at Sheff College and enjoy the benefits of NUS membership!!!

Not true, I am a member of the Sheffield college. To be a student membership holder you need to be a full time university student and you have to prove it and join up as one.

I am in the Kop membership scheme and I am getting tickets for £16 tomorrow and i'm buying two full price tickets. What happened to keeping your regulars happy? A free pint would go down very well tomorrow.

lets be honest (and I have a student card) it is stupid to let students in cheap and never benefit your true fans. I am not prepared to pay "£22 to watch a pile of garbage. Please note. I always seem to go to Gillingham games (apart from the good ones) abd if I don't go it will obviously be good.

so I'm really doing you a favour by not going.

£20-28 to watch 90 mins of rubbish against a poor team is such a rip off.

gone are the days when you'd save significant money buying a season ticket. In any case I'm not going whilst Warnock is still manager.

Originally posted by Beastieboy

Not true, I am a member of the Sheffield college. To be a student membership holder you need to be a full time university student and you have to prove it and join up as one.

You're right, that sucks. Most places offering student discount just want to see you NUS card.

why should students get this deal when they'll come about twice a year then never again when they finnish uni and go back to where theyre originaly from.

Now im all for getting the next generation of fans in , offer quid a kid to under 18s (why does consession tickets apply to under 16's ? under 18 surly would make more sence)? This is more likly to get younger sheffielders here more often and there fore gaining there support/

I left school at 16 , got myself a joinery apprentiship earnt 80 a week yet i still had to pay god knows for a season ticket which i couldnt afford in one go so had to pay my dad weekly for it ,now to me that isnt fair. Ive had 4 years of paying full price where as my student friends pay cheaper prices just cos theyre at uni and skint (althought they go on the **** 3 times a week and buy daft clothes ,cds ans dvds....) to me its just wrong and annoys me alot

Originally posted by robbie

lets be honest (and I have a student card) it is stupid to let students in cheap and never benefit your true fans. I am not prepared to pay "£22 to watch a pile of garbage. Please note. I always seem to go to Gillingham games (apart from the good ones) abd if I don't go it will obviously be good.

so I'm really doing you a favour by not going.

£20-28 to watch 90 mins of rubbish against a poor team is such a rip off.

gone are the days when you'd save significant money buying a season ticket. In any case I'm not going whilst Warnock is still manager.

Yep was rubbish. But will you be there next weekend against Watford when its £10 in all parts of the ground?

Originally posted by Strix

You're right, that sucks. Most places offering student discount just want to see you NUS card.

Typical Blades and their way of working.

Well thanks to the blades for getting in ALL those students, I couldn't count how many were there as all the empty seats were distracting me. I paid £68 for two adults and two members tickets, why? I do it every game nearly.

me and a mate went to that game. Was a fiver but we wernt excatly given good seats. Its a shame that game was boring (the second half atleast) with some shocking attempts at goal. Will def go again though as theres nothing like a live footie game.

Sheff united have done this for years.

At the end of the day there's empty seats. Even charging a fiver with a free pint and pie still makes the club a profit. Plus people will buy more pints, a programme, more food etc

And maybe...just maybe come back. Even if they don't sheff U have made some money they wouldn’t normally have made.

This doesn’t happen at my home club, Newcastle…but we fill our ground ;)

…go on then….lay into me :)

Archived