Rutland Arms - Food?

tas1

Went in last week at 7.45 in the hope they would still be doing food.

The surley girl behind the bar said the kitchen had finished serving, when we asked if she could even do a sandwich she was quite rude.

I know it was cutting it fine timewise but even afterwards the way we were served our beer made us feel unwelcome so we left our drinks only half finished.

I have always been a big fan of the Rutland (been going in around 10 years) but will not be going back ,will spend my money somewhere more hospitable.

Andy,can you tell me what times the "Old Mother Redcap" in Bradway does food ?

Why do I detect a hint of sarcasm there...

Not totally sure to be honest, I know they do food every lunchtime not sure about evenings. I'll have to pop next door and ask them!

One of the best? Its the only beer garden in town!

And the beer has picked up dramatically since that chap who used to work at the Sheaf got behind the bar.

The Rutland is a good pub once more.

Hmmmm only beer garden in town? I consider The Devonshire (very bottom, Ecclesall Rd) 'in town' and we have very nice walled beer garden accesed through the pub.

in answer to your comment picklemunch, yeah Andy was the smiley manager from the Sheaf who made the rutland what it used to be once more...and I don't know about this 'surly girl' but i've always had really friendly service down there... what's this about him leaving?

Shania xxx

Well we nipped out for lunch there yesterday, and have to say that the food wasn't fantastic - stale bread (no excuse here when there's supermarkets and bakers within walking distance), and took ages to come which meant we had to eat really quickly as we were already late getting back to work.

Was good to see home made food, but not sure it was worth the price tag.

what price tag??? there's nothing above £6!! Me and my mates went down there for a leaving do a couple of weeks ago and had some of the most delicious selection of pies this side of Scotland.

And big up the service... congrats Andy on getting that place back on its feet again. A Sheaf II in town - what could be better! he hasn't left as far as I know...

This is great news! The last I knew a few months ago it had shut down and I had assumed it hadn't reopened since. Also the last few times I had gone in it had been extremely smokey but the ban should have sorted that. Are they still doing the veggie sausage cheese and spinach pie? That was yummy!:banana:

Archived