Devonshire Chippy

citycentral

Many apologies if a topic about this place has been posted before, but I'm new so please don't shout at me.

Is anyone else as disgusted as me with this place. Admittedly, it is being 'refurbished' at the moment, but what difference will it really make? From what I can tell, it still has the same owners, and presumably will still serve the same lukewarm, chewy chips and fish that appears to have been left out for days. I have tried their food several times in the vain hope that they may have improved, but to no avail - their standards really are poor. Does anyone really go back to this place regularly and, more to the point, are there any positives to say about it?

i know that most of division streets residents were less than happy when the owners decided to start ripping out the old interior at 4am on sunday morning.

apparently this stopped half an hour later when someone who had been awoken by the racket went in and said that if they didnt stop smashing it up. he would fetch his sledge hammer and smash the owners car up!

the joys of city living :hihi:

I think it was on another thread on here that someone recommended the chips from there. so I went a few weeks ago and was very disappointed, the chips were very chewy. It does seem harder and harder to find decent chips, and harder still to find decent batter on fishcakes.

Best ones i've had lately, were the chips from Taplin Road, the one near Grahams Tyres and the Wednesday ground is nice too

Archived