Devonshire Chippy

citycentral

So glad it's not just me then. Just always seems to be busy at the weekends. I've never understood why, even if people are hammered, they would choose to go there instead of Merdocs, or other places on West St?!?

I often astound, and occasionally frighten myself, at what I will eat when hammered.

I once ate a ham and Picallili sandwich at a mates, and Picalilli is truly the work of Satan!

Devonshire Chippy is OK for drunk food, but not somewhere I'd get my dinner from!

More generally, we do seem to be losing our good chippies in Sheffield - at least in the city centre. Problem seems to be you have an excellent chippy that has been run by the same person for many years, who decides to retire and sell the business to someone who turns it into a kebab shop or a pizza joint.

I had a battered sausage from there and burnt up chips last week - my tummy wasnt feelin too well next day - of course it could be the alcohol - but I do wonder if a chippy thats been there for years and years do they ever clean out their fryers and have a hygiene check ....

up to a few months ago i delivered soft drinks there

werent that bad (ive seen lot worse)

now you tend to notice how bad they are when you are in the back part of the shop

yes the building was a bit run down but couldnt see no reason for any body getting ill

had chips there a couple of times myself and never had problems

one of women behind counter couldnt half give you a bollockin if you did owt wrong though lol

Devonshire Chippy is digusting. Absolutely disgusting. I've eaten there a few times when coming home from work and no where else is open, and its easy to get to and always found it really poor. And thats just the food. Had parts of my friends meals before and it has always been yukkk! Suprise its still in business really .

Work just down road from there and have to walk past it down Trafalger Street daily.

If you saw round the back and smelt it round the side you would never go there again. That place makes me feel so sick that I actually cross the road now.

A few weeks ago I was walking past around 10pm when the roadworks were in full flow. Just as I was passing a rat scuttled out of the back yard about a foot infront of me and went into the hole in the road.

Archived