Joseph Henry Sproson

I believe he was from the industrial part of the city and I do know he died in 1956 aged 51.

There's only half a dozen in the phone book, may be worth a try,

sure there used to be a Henry Sproson at the Royal Oak, Blackburne Road but i think he died in the eighty's.

I know quite a few folk in the Chesterfield region with a soundalike, but I'm sure their name has a "w" in it....

Maybe connected, maybe not...

My Mrs has just put me right (how unusual....)

It was actually Sproston, with a T as opposed to a W.

Sorry!

I can confirm this from findmypast.com - a Joseph Henry Sproson was born in Sheffield in April-June 1904. He evidently died aged 52 in Bradford in July-September 1956. He was born too late for the 1901 census, but this lists two east-end Sproson families (in "Attercliffe cum Darnall") - Thomas & Ellen Sproson with six children at 20 Oaks Green, and Herbert & Minnie Sproson at 9 Stevenson Road.

Yes, he was one of the Sprosons from Oakes Green and he was knocked down by a car and killed in Bradford in 1956. As his son I want to know what the heck he was doing in Bradford and I was wondering if anyone older (say 120!) might have remembered what he was like.

Archived