Benitez and the gerrard saga?

scottf

Rafa has a big game against Chelsea on Sat and I think he feels that it is more important to try Gerrard in that game rather than in a friendly on Wed. if he plays ok on Sat and rests on Wed then it will both benefit Liverpool and England as he will be hopefully be ok for the important qualifiers. It might even benefit Maclaren to use someone else in midfield on Wed.

The days of England games being more important than league games has gone forever, if they ever were important. Watch at 5pm tonight when all the sick notes start zooming there way to Soho Square.

As a Reds fan I don't want our teams best player to play in a pointless FA money spinner

What does everyone think to rafa saying that gerrard is fit enough to face chelsea on saturday but not fit enough to play for england a few days later?

I for one couldn't care less if a Liverpool player never puts on an England shirt again. It's obvious that the players at most clubs now feel this way! England, and especially Maclaren has become a joke!

I say Rafa did exactly the right thing. He should do it for every England match!!!

What does everyone think to rafa saying that gerrard is fit enough to face chelsea on saturday but not fit enough to play for england a few days later?

And anyway, whu only quote 'Rafa and Gerrard' ???

Fergie and Giggs have been doing it for years, and to be honest, I don't blame them one little bit!

Archived