Just Micro - On Carver Street

retroboy

Originally posted by segasonic

I'm a bit of a Rob Hubbard fan in case you can't tell.

Yes Rob Hubbard was a fantastic musician. I've just bough a sound card for the PC with the old SID chip on. If you enjoyed the C64 music I can't recommend 1 of these cards enough.

Originally posted by chri5

Yes Rob Hubbard was a fantastic musician. I've just bough a sound card for the PC with the old SID chip on. If you enjoyed the C64 music I can't recommend 1 of these cards enough.

There was a Retrogamer meet last weekend with Rob Hubbard and his band playing!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by retroboy

Does anyone have any photos of this old computer shop on carver street - spent many hours in this shop usually during school time.

Think the guys that ran the shop where tony and greggs - and they where a few demo groups that use to go in -

I have started a web site about the retro computer, just mirco and gremlin graphics - any input would be fantastic (you will get a mention and credit for photos etc.

post memories here or send to antzz@*********

regards to all who where there

My oh my, used to spend hours in that shop. I remember seeing a BBC computer with Elite running on it, that shop gave my the inspiration to go out and buy my fist computer which was a 16k Sinclair Spectrum with the old rubber keyboard. Incidentally, Magnetic Fields created many games for Gremlin Graphics. Games like Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Supercars and Kid Chaos on the Amiga, I ended up working with the authors of those titles 'Shaun Southern' and 'Andrew Morris' when we created the number one selling 'NetworkQ RAC Rally Championship and International Rally Championship for the PC.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Dear all

Spotted manic miner on a local lancs site try it, brings back the memories

http://www.sthelens-connect.net/forums/index.php?showforum=244

its on the top banner under arcade, not sure if you have to be a member, worth a try. Ah!!! that music drives you mad.

Sue

if you want to play manic miner etc why not visit http://www.worldofspectrum .org

you can download hundreds :)

Archived