Best (and worst) bars on West Street.

slimsid2000

I think Bia Hoi is a great bar, really good cocktails and clued up staff who are friendly and good at their job. I don't tend to go to many other places on West Street, Division Street is more my kind of place...

As for the bad...Westways. If there was an award for "bar where you feel most likely to be robbed/glassed" it would win, hands down. Some very shady characters.

I used to really like BRB, but since it became Rise it's lost something. The decor is shocking which doesn't help, I guess.

The new bar that opened close to Takapunas, I forget the name. Absolutely shocking. Credit to the Bouncers/Doormen, they were great and doing a really good job of getting people in, but the bar staff were pretty dire, and who on earth designed the interiors! It was so dark and grey, almost like walking into a padded cell. Brighten the place up a bit!

i love Bia Hoi- very cool and light and airy- smart interior- amazing drinks (their rasberry collins are to die for) good, friendly staff and doesnt attract the g-star army types.

also love tequila bar- saturdays are good if you like your motown and friendly staff and again no p****s seem to go in! just has a good, chilled out vibe for people who enjoy good tunes and good company!

cavendish is good for a mad night in a group- love the drinks and love the sofas. good memories in that place!

reflex is one of my faves- good if you like 80's music and to get hammered in and mess about on the dance floor.

i like rsvp- you get some fit men in there!! lol and lloyds no1 is good aswell!

the worst ones are - WITHOUT A DOUBT

westways- full of cheap whores and g-star army boys who only go out to pick a fight and pull and try and look ard. they only do this cos they feel insecure cos they arent clever enough to enjoy a relaxed sociable night out!:rant:

i quite like the halcyon....simple and cosy... not always busy, which I like. but its not west street!

as the_lioness say bia hoi is pretty chilled out and we always pop into there for one.

Again with tequila... rolled out of there many a night!:hihi:

Dont know what they put in the cocktails but I always end up with a hang over!:P

Muse....good for kicking back in but not my fave...

hmm seems to be a theme there with where I go! :D

worst....

Not a fan of rsvp - last time I went there I swear the oldest girl in there was 16!

Flares and reflex..... ahahahahaha but then I hate that kind of music!

hmm my fave is probably varsity for the cheap dris, or walkabout for the live band. or west street live when they have bands.

worst is tie between westways - went once and stood at the bar 40 mins waiting to get served, walked out in the end. Reflex is dire - full of old horny men and drunk desperate girls

:hihi:

i love Bia Hoi- very cool and light and airy- smart interior- amazing drinks (their rasberry collins are to die for) good, friendly staff and doesnt attract the g-star army types.

also love tequila bar- saturdays are good if you like your motown and friendly staff and again no p****s seem to go in! just has a good, chilled out vibe for people who enjoy good tunes and good company!

cavendish is good for a mad night in a group- love the drinks and love the sofas. good memories in that place!

reflex is one of my faves- good if you like 80's music and to get hammered in and mess about on the dance floor.

i like rsvp- you get some fit men in there!! lol and lloyds no1 is good aswell!

the worst ones are - WITHOUT A DOUBT

westways- full of cheap whores and g-star army boys who only go out to pick a fight and pull and try and look ard. they only do this cos they feel insecure cos they arent clever enough to enjoy a relaxed sociable night out!:rant:

Went in both Westways and Tequila last Saturday.

Archived