Lets keep Scotland in the UK

As a Yorkshieman living in Scotland and from Sheffield I would be intersted how many of my fellow Yorkshiremen including the people who have moved from Scotland now resident in Yorkshire feel the same way as I do that why split the UK. Lets leave it as it is and get on with each other and this includes the Welsh and the Irish, there are many more issues that we should be concernened about within our small Island. Why can we not accept all our neighbours that are native to the UK

Personally I'd much rather leave things as they are, but that's not down to us, we don't get a say in these things.

If the Scots want to stay, they are welcome, if they want to leave , then go. I just wish they'd make their mind up one way or the other and then leave it at that.

I'm Irish and see no benefit to anybody having a UK at all (other than the English when they annexed Scotland's north sea oil).

The UK is meaningless. Let's dump it now.

nowt like being bitter is there? i dont really care one way or the other, a bit tired of the bleeding heart scots though who seem to want it both ways.

As a Yorkshire woman now living in Scotland, i would like to see them split. Because I see it as being a more positive move for Scotland, not to mention England.

If some of the comments on this forum are to be considered, the English aparently hate the Scots so much, why there is so much fuss about it I don't know. If Scotland was that much of a waste of space then England would have cut it loose long before now. And please don't insult the country by saying its been taking pity on it. British military and government has NEVER EVER taken pity on another country unless it thought it could gain something from it.

It would also 'hopefully' see an end to alot of the troubles, especially in the central belt of Scotland and N. Ireland, because the orange order would be defunct as the union would be no more.

Having said that I am sure they would have something to argue about.

Then we could take up Billy Connelly's suggestion of the welcome sign at Glasgow City airport and tackle terrorism properly.

As a Yorkshire woman now living in Scotland, i would like to see them split. Because I see it as being a more positive move for Scotland, not to mention England.

If some of the comments on this forum are to be considered, the English aparently hate the Scots so much, why there is so much fuss about it I don't know. If Scotland was that much of a waste of space then England would have cut it loose long before now. And please don't insult the country by saying its been taking pity on it. British military and government has NEVER EVER taken pity on another country unless it thought it could gain something from it.

It would also 'hopefully' see an end to alot of the troubles, especially in the central belt of Scotland and N. Ireland, because the orange order would be defunct as the union would be no more.

Then we could take up Billy Connelly's suggestion of the welcome sign at Glasgow City airport and tackle terrorism properly.

Serbia - British and American troops died defending Muslims. The second world war? der! The millions we give in aid to Africa! Der. The First World War. Der!.........etc

Serbia - British and American troops died defending Muslims. The second world war? der! The millions we give in aid to Africa! Der. The First World War. Der!.........etc

War is never fought without personal gain or without saving face...DER :loopy:

The British military that is so pitiless is staffed by and commanded by officers and men from the UK. The Scottish are comendably overrepresented in the forces, both officers and men. So when you condemn the British military, don't forget you condemn the Scottish more than the English.

• 4 years later...

Archived