Lets keep Scotland in the UK

There are many things that we would like our City Council to change, but we repeatedly come up against the wall of regulations being set by Westminster.

By all means let Scotland have a go and maybe they can pave the way for more de-centralisation.

Just don't ask me to subsidise it. :)

I say stick together, our enemies want nothing better than to see the UK split , for God sake we are all Westerners, speak the same language, have the same cultures, living on each others door steps, have friends & relatives in all places, stay as one and stop all the nitpicking, even just by having a favorite football team seems to turn people against each other, whats more childish than that ? some Brits don't even like people just because they live in other parts of their own towns , as a small child I was always taught to say Im' English NOT British...thats how far it's gone back, thats wrong, I'm British .

As a Yorkshieman living in Scotland and from Sheffield I would be intersted how many of my fellow Yorkshiremen including the people who have moved from Scotland now resident in Yorkshire feel the same way as I do that why split the UK. Lets leave it as it is and get on with each other and this includes the Welsh and the Irish, there are many more issues that we should be concernened about within our small Island. Why can we not accept all our neighbours that are native to the UK

Sheffield man too living in Ayr,but moving to Glasgow soon.

I have asked many a Scot if they want to split(not one has said "yes")

Mr Salmond does not like the English,and he don't really care about Scottish opinion.

I tell you what has brought this about, not giving regional Parliaments.

if the north had been given what Ireland,Scotland and Wales had we would not be needing to have a UK wide break. We would have Equal regional Governance and we would all find it beneficial to all talk it out in Westminster still.

We would be a United States of Britain (or similar) and still under the same Monarch.

If the Scots wish to go alone then I feel we all should have a vote after their referendum and work out if they should still be entitled to be tied with the currency or go it alone in it entirety, so they don't have us as a back up when the inevitable happens.

Archived