Lets keep Scotland in the UK

As a Yorkshieman living in Scotland and from Sheffield I would be intersted how many of my fellow Yorkshiremen including the people who have moved from Scotland now resident in Yorkshire feel the same way as I do that why split the UK. Lets leave it as it is and get on with each other and this includes the Welsh and the Irish, there are many more issues that we should be concernened about within our small Island. Why can we not accept all our neighbours that are native to the UK

I've no problem with Scotland remaining a part of the UK - If that's what the people who live there want to do - Nor do I have a problem with them being granted independence- of that's what they want, either.

If the 'UK' is to continue as a political entity, how can anybody justify different laws and different terms and benefits?

How can anybody justify different representative rights? (a joke in itself - but that's another matter)

Why should Scots MPs (and they already have their own government) be permitted to vote on matters which affect English people only?

If there is ever to be a vote on independence for Scotland, will the English be given the opportunity to say whether they want to keep the Scots?

'Jock McSporran' may not be the only interested party. - 'John Bull' might like a word, too.

Archived