End of the Lescar as we know it.

Merry_Legs

So with no logic to back up your argument you become perjorative. Easy to do but worthless. Don't tell me what to do. If you have an opinion - post it.[/QUOT

You wouldnt happen to know someone called To20 would you?

There is a remarkable similarity going on here ...:hihi:

Indeed Preacher Joh, that post was most excellent.

It truly is a shame, especially about Cath. I hope she finds something else to keep her going. It would be a nice gesture from the brewery if they gave her some small role, to keep the legacy going. But I somehow can't see that happening.

I remember Cath from Hunter Hill Road. The regime which is responsible for this decision is not interested in community - only profits. You are right Joh, rather than go for a steady profit - they want an exponential profit which cannot be maintained. Ultimately they will lose their own jobs because they are unrealistic. No pub can keep forever at the top of the "profit league". I fear that in a very short time we will not have any "locals" as we know them, they will be closed for more diverse/profitable operations. But as they close more and more pubs, how will they justify their own jobs, as their "portfolio" shrinks and eventually disappears?

So with no logic to back up your argument you become perjorative. Easy to do but worthless. Don't tell me what to do. If you have an opinion - post it.[/QUOT

You wouldnt happen to know someone called To20 would you?

There is a remarkable similarity going on here ...:hihi:

No idea who To 20 is. Liked your remark about Cath though.

Having read the sanctimonious posts (Preacher Joh and beegee7 especially) living within this thread I am glad that the Lescar has closed. Comments about how it’s a sad reflection of corporatism within society and what will Cath do now? (70 years old and spending all night in a pub? Surely that’s a sad reflection on society) are all valid points but overlook one glaringly obvious thing. The Lescar was a complete and utter sodding train wreck of a pub. It was the sort of place where you needed to wipe your feet upon exit rather than entry. The only saving grace was the Last Laugh comedy nights otherwise it wouldn’t have received a tenth of the customer foot flow and would have shut down years ago. Every visit was like time travelling to a 1980s public toilet so change was always inevitable especially when, from an outsider’s point of view, it was an intimidating and cliquey place to drink. If the pub was so great and so profitable then even the most callous of capitalists would have left it untouched but they haven’t and that’s because they’re not getting all misty eyed and nostalgic over a pub that no longer fits in with the majority of it’s community (students).

Having read the sanctimonious posts (Preacher Joh and beegee7 especially) living within this thread I am glad that the Lescar has closed. Comments about how it’s a sad reflection of corporatism within society and what will Cath do now? (70 years old and spending all night in a pub? Surely that’s a sad reflection on society) are all valid points but overlook one glaringly obvious thing. The Lescar was a complete and utter sodding train wreck of a pub. It was the sort of place where you needed to wipe your feet upon exit rather than entry. The only saving grace was the Last Laugh comedy nights otherwise it wouldn’t have received a tenth of the customer foot flow and would have shut down years ago. Every visit was like time travelling to a 1980s public toilet so change was always inevitable especially when, from an outsider’s point of view, it was an intimidating and cliquey place to drink. If the pub was so great and so profitable then even the most callous of capitalists would have left it untouched but they haven’t and that’s because they’re not getting all misty eyed and nostalgic over a pub that no longer fits in with the majority of it’s community (students).

Well, that told us, didn't it!

I agree that the place needed a good clean/refurb. -which, if it is what is going to happen, then fine. But past experience suggests otherwise.

Archived