End of the Lescar as we know it.

Merry_Legs

I went in on Saturday night.

There was nowhere to sit, so I left.

It might be nice during the day.

Nowhere to sit? So i am assuming all those people that vowed to stay away haven't done so? Or the crowd that people said didn't exist and the place would be dead have appeared!

Can't be too much wrong with a full pub.

Nowhere to sit? So i am assuming all those people that vowed to stay away haven't done so? Or the crowd that people said didn't exist and the place would be dead have appeared!

Can't be too much wrong with a full pub.

You should have seen it Sunday and last night mate - dead :(

I went last night for the first time. I liked it - cleaned up the appearance without changing it too much. It reminded me of the sort of pubs and bars I like in London - a nice old building which retains it's features but has a sort of retro-modern fit.

Was drinking the Timothy Taylor Landlord - not cheap at £2.70 pint but well kept. One thing I didn't like was being served it in an old fashioned tankard with a handle. If they were nice ones it'd be different, but they just felt cheap! Ended up opting for the straight glass. Spot on! I'll be going back.

been in couple times since is reopened. loss of community feel, its just a completely different place, its nice but if i wanted that id go to bungalows and bears, i want my local to be comfortable and cosy and to play the football..

and dooran i think ur paranoid, people look at people everywhere, everyone raved on about lescar being rough.. it was one of the friendliest places ive been to made a lot of mates in there, i think its house you approach it, u seem to of had preconceived ideas about the lescar.

Well I've been visiting the Lescar for about 18 years maybe once a week and I have to say the new look Lescar I witnessed last night seems like an improvement to me. OK, it's not the tatty 'proper pub' it was but there seems to be some major improvements.

Firstly, even though the pub was pretty full getting served didn't take 45 minutes like it used to if you weren't on the locals list – lets hope it stays that way! Thankfully it's not too bright in there like it used to be, it always felt like 'the big light' was on. Haven't had any food but it looks quite good (I'll always remember the great veggie breakfast when the football was on a few years ago though!).

Layout's the same, the clientele seemed fine and mixed and the atmosphere with good.

I'll miss the football, it's where I've witnessed most of England's great failures over the years.

Called in for pint last night before a meal out and found it ok. Not sure about the wierd way they have redone the bar by removing the wall between the 2 rooms and fixing a mirror up....bit odd......but what struck me was the fact all the track suit wearing ignorant morons who used to drink in the 'tap room' bit have all gone, replaced by well dressed chilled out students and much tidier decor.

Love the real fire in the main bar, and the atmosphere was better, the smell of weed had completely gone from the back corridor, and it felt an Ok place, certainly a big improvement on the scum hole it was earlier this year. The back room was no longer full of chav girls with mammoth ear rings uttering their entire repetoire of 4 letter words at the sad excuses for sub-human male beings who were their partners, and we were not once offered drugs in the toilets. Big change!!!

Ok its not perfect, and still a bit bland overall, but pleasant. I would say the 'class' of the premises has been definitely raised.......because it could not have gone any lower....

It's now better than the Porter Cottage anyway........

Archived