End of the Lescar as we know it.

Merry_Legs

Finally got round to a visit to the new Lescar at the weekend and I was very impressed. As someone has already mentioned, it reminded me of the kind of place I'd hunt out in London but havent come across up here before.

I used to regularly drink in the Lescar and Porters in the mid to late90's but have only been going in the Porters over the last few years (don't get me wrong, I like a pub with a rough and ready feel but we all have our limits!) I think its great to have somewhere to go thats got a slightly different feel to the other pubs in the area and it certainly made the Porters look very dated when we popped in for last orders.

Its still frequented by 'characters' however, an older couple sat next to us were to treated to some 'hilarious' banter from one of them but reacted with dignity so the moment passed. So if your used to the Ranmoor or Rising Sun it might not be your thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Went last saturday

Positives

Cleaner

good atmosphere

busy but not too busy

good mix of cuatomers

Negatives

None

Great job cleaned it up without losing the atmosphere could not cope with how dirty the place was before especially the carpert lol

Been twice in the last week. They've kept the pub much as it was , just cleaned it and repainted the walls, few fairy lights, no structural alterations at all. Still very much the Lescar. BUT, they've got rid of the druggy crowd, which is good. The back room still has the comedy club and now also hosts the Words Aloud spoken word open-mic evening, which was belting (and packed) on Tuesday. Great beer too. Better than it used to be, pre-smoking ban (the Lescar was always a terribly smoky hole, and not always fag smoke).

• 2 years later...
So what is the opinion after two and a half years of the new management?

I hate it, but always have. It's full of students, men with beards (and daft hair) and middle aged women who think they are cool coz they're in the Lescar.

Archived