End of the Lescar as we know it.

Merry_Legs

I hate it, but always have. It's full of students, men with beards (and daft hair) and middle aged women who think they are cool coz they're in the Lescar.

. . . and men in daft hats.

It does have a good range of beers and I've been lucky enough to come across a couple of decent bands in there, but it doesn't warm the cockles of my heart. The Lescar does a few things very well, yet the place still leaves me a little cold. I can't imagine spending a whole evening in there.

I used to be a regular at The Banner Cross and after a few years, revisited last week. I was immediately reminded why I always liked it so. It's open and airy, friendly staff, it's not concerned with its image . . . it's happy to be just a pub.

Although I liked it for a while I don't go as much now.

Its hard to put your finger on it but I am not keen on the atmosphere and it can often take ages to get served at the small bars.

The porter cottage accross the road is a much better option imo.

I hate it, but always have. It's full of students, men with beards (and daft hair) and middle aged women who think they are cool coz they're in the Lescar.

We go in as a couple, not because we look cool, Im sure we don't :hihi: its simply our local. Don't bother with the food anymore, I think the menu has got a bit old and could do with changing. Its a nice place to go and sit out in the garden and have a few beers on a Saturday afternoon :)

Its hard to put your finger on it but I am not keen on the atmosphere and it can often take ages to get served at the small bars.

She only opens in the evening, not the day. So, you've not been barred by the lady in black?? :D

I'd forgotten all about this thread until I checked my email today and was told that Bloomdido had posted a reply. I have no response to his question because I have not been in the Lescar since the refurb and don't intend to.

I prefer to remember it how it was. Now I've moved on and happily drink elsewhere.

The friendly atmosphere has died a death, mainly due to the new landlady being a complete cow. All the locals now seem to have moved on elsewhere, it's amazing how a place can degenerate so quickly.

Its far too expensive for me to drink there now, also the food is mostly 'Wild line caught cod in granary bread dust between flatbread' - so basically a fish finger sandwich - for £6' type stuff. Staff are still nice though and I do still like the beer garden.

Archived