Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

Cis_H

Have they realy closed Ringinlow fire station. The only reason i can think of for this to be able expand out into a green area to build more housing. Who for I dont know, can you tell me?

Put it this way they would have hell of a job getting fire engines out of there:hihi:

maybe a new alpaca farm

Why did they make their vehicles bigger/longer or did some one erect a wall at their exit?

Its fenced off,unless this is an addition to their training by having to cut their way out of station when going on a job.

See the not in my back yard brigade got carried away with the 3G mast protest,the council got all confused and closed down their fire station

is the co-op so bad? is it too small? just asking out of curiosity, i've never shopped at Crookes.

When I really am stuck and have to use the Co-op, I find it very expensive, (£1.35 for a bottle of Schwepps tonic water, as opposed to 75p in Tesco). 90% of the staff are surly and uncommunicative, and slightly grubby., now I know they are not all like that, but its the attitude that gets me, so I would rather stay away.

.........90% of the staff are surly and uncommunicative, and slightly grubby., now I know they are not all like that, but its the attitude that gets me, so I would rather stay away.

Hopefully they don't blow bubble gum in your face which has happened to me twice at another local cut-price store. Brilliant when you're shopping for food! :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

If tesco get the site in crookes it'll be minute, an express, which are rubbish. No choice and usually expensive. The one down commonside would have been the same. Whats the point? Tesco superstores give you you good choice in prices and products but metros and expresses don't. You might as well go to the co-op, certainly better than an express.

• 1 year later...

Yep, I'll be complaining again. The last application had 4 car parking spaces + 1 disabled space, which wouldn't be enough. This one has done away with the spaces altogether, stating that there is more than enough parking on local roads!!!

I live just a few doors up, and I struggle to park my car every evening. Especially now the ever-popular Rajput restaurant also brings in a few customers travelling by car!

If we switched to residents parking, I don't think it would be a problem.