Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

Cis_H

Yep, I'll be complaining again. The last application had 4 car parking spaces + 1 disabled space, which wouldn't be enough. This one has done away with the spaces altogether, stating that there is more than enough parking on local roads!!!

I live just a few doors up, and I struggle to park my car every evening. Especially now the ever-popular Rajput restaurant also brings in a few customers travelling by car!

If we switched to residents parking, I don't think it would be a problem.

But then we would have to pay a yearly fee. Another issues will that of delivery lorries, where will they park/ unload?

Yes i was also coming on to say i have had a letter about this.

With no provision for parking included in the application from what i can see this time, which is what most peoples objections were before. and now for 3 condensing units at the back that will disturb local housing with the noise.

I will be objecting. And can't believe they have applied again. Cheeky b******s, tho they will while they think people have forgotten about it.

It could be turned into a really nice sitting place for local people (we need more sitting) , with flowers and a bit of a playground which there isn't around there. Lots of community talk by council but it is not put into place by actions. Everything ruled by Tesco (that want to take over the world) and money. Tis just wrong. Local is better.

Edited by fuzzy

They're after planning permission for this again, I just got a letter from the council about it. You need to comment before 15 April if you want to object.

Thank you for the info Rad.:thumbsup:

Objections from chez longcol will be winging their way to the council toot sweet.

It could be turned into a really nice sitting place for local people (we need more sitting) , with flowers and a bit of a playground which there isn't around there.

OK, I agree that I don't particularly feel a need for a Tesco being built there, as the area's already got enough food shops, and I'm quite capable of walking to all of them, but to say it'd make a nice sitting place... eh? There are plenty of really nice parks within, like, half a mile, and they're all a lot more pleasant than sitting on the corner of a busy junction that has a constant flow of traffic...

i hope they build a tesco express TESCO, TESCO TESCO TESCO TESCO i love tesco, please be a 2 floor express with tv's and laptops and everthing you could ever want we need a tesco express those in favour say eii

Evolution does work in strange ways sometimes.

OK, I agree that I don't particularly feel a need for a Tesco being built there, as the area's already got enough food shops, and I'm quite capable of walking to all of them, but to say it'd make a nice sitting place... eh? There are plenty of really nice parks within, like, half a mile, and they're all a lot more pleasant than sitting on the corner of a busy junction that has a constant flow of traffic...

Would just add that the myriad of other local food shops is not grounds for objection to planning permission.

Traffic etc at a very busy (and awkward junction) certainly is :thumbsup:

It's a pretty small site if it is the petrol station, so there wouldn't be much parking provided.

And there's a full sized tescos less than a mile away on infirmary road...

That's not a reason for Tesco not to try and for Council to grant permission, eg Tesco Abbeydale Road.