Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

Cis_H

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm about to move right near there, the site doesn't actually look big enough to make a half decent mini supermarket out of, even if it is just a Tescos Express. I take it it's not planning to have any parking spaces or anything? But would people really drive to such a small shop? Wouldn't you just drive to the big one?

I wouldn't mind it say if it was going to provide stuff that the shop opposite the Springvale pub won't have. What else could be really needed round there? I'm not yet familiar with all the shops.

Have you noticed that amended plans have been submitted on June the 22nd/ 09, it appears among other changes that the good people at Tesco are now offering to provide a disabled parking bay, which appears very genourously to be close to or outside the convenience store opposite the Springvale pub, reducing their on street convenient parking.

Does that mean they'll have bought up a patch of that strip of road to do it then?

No, the council will be using planning to get money for road improvements from Tesco. In a town not far from here Tesco were refused planning twice, eventually they offered to resite and build a new school, a library and fund a new road layout, guess what new but only very slightly changed plans were passed.

If morrisons were refused to purchase the old safeway site at the end of eccy road because it was too close to hillsborough then I can see no earthly reason why tesco should have yet another store and one within half a mile of an existing one. We don't need any more tesco stores in this area, we need more variety not less and we certainly don't need it in a place where the traffic/parking is already difficult.

No, the council will be using planning to get money for road improvements from Tesco. In a town not far from here Tesco were refused planning twice, eventually they offered to resite and build a new school, a library and fund a new road layout, guess what new but only very slightly changed plans were passed.
Let's see if Sheffield enjoys bribery as this not too far town?