Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

Cis_H

I generally do, I was just making a point about how Tesco operate. I don't think they do anything by accident.

Of course, Tesco know exactly what they are doing, which is why they are so profitable. They know how the planning system works, and where they are likely to get permission to set up a store to make more profit - they don't care who they put out of business in so doing. It's just how the "system" works.

Unfortunately, planning for this Tesco will more than likely be passed. As has already been said; if people don't want it they won't shop there. But the fact is most people do want Tesco and the like, because they are brainwashed by the marketing of "cheapest and best value" etc etc. They don't actually care about the knock on effects. People like the idea of independent shops but don't care enough to want to keep them. Tesco etc will take over every aspect of retailing (and many services) in this country, and we only have ourselves to blame, not the planners. Vote with your feet, those "savings" at the checkout are not worth the end results.

Having spoken to my local councillor on this subject last night (which he reckons he has objected to as well) objecting on the factor of it will affect other businesses will not work. The best one to do it on is the parking traffic problems it will cause. Also individual objections work better than petitions, so if all that have signed petitions use the above link to object than there may be a bit more of a chance of it getting turned down.

Having spoken to my local councillor on this subject last night (which he reckons he has objected to as well) objecting on the factor of it will affect other businesses will not work. The best one to do it on is the parking traffic problems it will cause. Also individual objections work better than petitions, so if all that have signed petitions use the above link to object than there may be a bit more of a chance of it getting turned down.

Parking at the junction of Springvale Road, Commonside, Howard Road, and Upperthorpe is nigh on impossible and downright dangerous.