Halcyon closing down

firecracker

Is that the Halcyon Bar on Division Street?

I remember a few evenings in there in 1999 / 2000 - I think we were only thrown out once when one of my developers got very drunk and did soem sort of crazy dance.

Any reason why they're closing? I'm surprised, to be honest - though I've not been in there for a while.

Is that the Halcyon Bar on Division Street?

I remember a few evenings in there in 1999 / 2000 - I think we were only thrown out once when one of my developers got very drunk and did soem sort of crazy dance.

Any reason why they're closing? I'm surprised, to be honest - though I've not been in there for a while.

Thats the one. I don't know why they're closing, but they are.

No real loss is it?

No doubt it will reopen as something equally bland within a few weeks.

I must admit it woudlnt be my first choice of drinking venue - but to be fair, the Forum & the Halycon were quite different to everything else in Sheffield when they first opened - it was the other corporate bars that jumped on the same bandwagon.

yet they are owned by the same people!

er.. yes they are... but they not a corporate chain... although - at a push - you could count two as a chain.. i suppose.. sort of...

I can remember being in sheffield for night on the beers with a friend from out of town who worked for big brewery and he was amazed that the two bars were independent...

Archived