Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

If i make it more expensive will it become more sophisticated? lol

No, and I wouldn't want you to (someone said it was an oasis of sphistication earlier in the thread, thats what I was questioning), it's just a normal pub, like the Cossack used to be, and thats what I like about it.

And IMO you don't have to make it as cheap as possible to attract people (unless your after the kind of people who just go out to get wasted on as little money as possible), there are people who are prepared to pay good money for good beer/food/atmosphere.

And IMO you don't have to make it as cheap as possible to attract people (unless your after the kind of people who just go out to get wasted on as little money as possible), there are people who are prepared to pay good money for good beer/food/atmosphere.

Food is hopefully going to be organised by mid next week. The reason the prices have been lowered is that the pub company gave me a huge discount on my first order as they were very keen to have the pub open again. Therefore until the initial stock is sold I am glad to pass some of the savings on to the customers. It will at some point retun to more 'normal' prices as it is on a leasehold and the prices are fixed from them. Should it appear I am attracting the type of clientele I would prefer not to have, and price is the reason for that, it will be adjusted.

I hope to see you maybe on the opening weekend. As mentioned previously I am glad to have any pointers or customer ideas. Feel free to send me a pm. I will be there on a regular basis, also please introduce yourself if you like and I will be happy to chat about what people feel Sheffield needs.

Thanks James

The reason the prices have been lowered is that the pub company gave me a huge discount on my first order as they were very keen to have the pub open again. Therefore until the initial stock is sold I am glad to pass some of the savings on to the customers.

Well I shall be taking advantage of the cheap drinks tomorrow night, I might be slightly tipsy when I get there, which wont be anything new, so if I blabber on just ignore me.

I shall ask the bar staff where you are to say hello :wave:

also please introduce yourself if you like and I will be happy to chat about what people feel Sheffield needs.

I would but I'm not a "real" gay person, so my opinion doesn't realy count.

Just to say it was a great night out last night, and I'm glad to see, James, that you're making a success of it with the reopened Lion. Sorry I spent only half an hour there, but I had to get off to Climax, which was brilliant as well.

Must say I like the two security men you have at the Lion; they're very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just incase anyone is going to Fuel this Satruday, dont its not on, this just posted on Facebook:

Just to let you all know, if you didn't already, there's no Fuel@Redroom this week!

To make up for it we've got Scott Kelly (Climax, Homo) to come DJ, and as always Affinity will be free to enter all night!

Just incase anyone is going to Fuel this Satruday, dont its not on, this just posted on Facebook:

Just to let you all know, if you didn't already, there's no Fuel@Redroom this week!

To make up for it we've got Scott Kelly (Climax, Homo) to come DJ, and as always Affinity will be free to enter all night!

But redroom are flyering for events this weekend as being gay inclusive and seeing the promo team yesterday my guess is that it is going to be a 'gay' event. They have events both Saturday and Sunday.

Thank You, Pete, for alerting regulars to Fuel being cancelled.

All I can say, it is a great shame, Fuel effectively pulling out of Sheffield altogether, and with VERY little advance warning to Customers.

Don't forget, club managers, the Customer is NUMBER 1 -that is the most FUNDAMENTAL rule of business, and what will customers at your remaining venues think of your services if you treated them in this way?

I know nightclubs are not quite as essential a service as buses and trains, but if a bus/train company said that they were closing a route just a week in advance there would be uproar, never mind the legal questions over 'closure procedure' and the suitability of such an operator!

Regarding general Gay Issues, I am currently looking for more participants and venues for events I am organising as part of the first Gay Arts festival for Sheffield in May and June. Some of the events I am planning will be a potential springboard for gay and mainstream pubs and clubs to try out new themes, so if anyone is interested, do get in touch with me at dan@alacroart.com for more details!:love:

Archived