Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

I was the main walk-around entertainment on the site with everyone wanting a picture with me!

I think you will find i was the main walk around entertainment 'dear' at the vine as I was being paid for it by the owners and the team running the venue and also judged the Dog competition (which oddly enough you didn't enter yourself in), you just turned up as a paying customer. Gayham will be appearing at Rah Rah Rah this Friday working the door and entertaining inside look forward to seeing all that can come and support us at the first Rah Rah Rah at DQ! It will be wicked and we will are really looking forward to having a gay night at such a fantastic venue! x

I think you will find i was the main walk around entertainment 'dear' at the vine as I was being paid for it by the owners and the team running the venue and also judged the Dog competition (which oddly enough you didn't enter yourself in), you just turned up as a paying customer. Gayham will be appearing at Rah Rah Rah this Friday working the door and entertaining inside look forward to seeing all that can come and support us at the first Rah Rah Rah at DQ! It will be wicked and we will are really looking forward to having a gay night at such a fantastic venue! x

I saw more of you at Gay Pride, I never once saw Tyranna, in my eyes your the only true Sheffield entertainment we have.

GAWD! Showbusiness cat fight! I wonder if Lorna Luft and Liza Minelli have rows like this? :hihi:

I have several issues to take up with the preceding threads which I havent been keeping up to date since I seem to have had a run of "nights out" lately ....

1) Sheff Pride and Gay Park issues ...

Yes definitely 2009 gay pride needs starting planning now and will hopefully be even bigger and better. I hope to undertake some more creative collaborations with Tyranna in GALA 09. Don't knock Tyranna - she *was* at Gay Pride tho was so popular for photo opportunites it seems that I didnt see her either ... anyway thats neither here or there now water under the bridge let it rest .. this very day at London Pride Tyranna is representing the whole of the Sheffield gay community. Im sure we are unanimous in our hopes and dreams going with her and I wish her all the best there in her Amy Winehouse outfit and wig thus showing that Sheffield is far more creative than anything that London can offer .. how many other Gay Sheffielders are going to represent Sheffield in London Pride by the way then eh ? ....

2) Viva Climax - I forgot that was still to come - does anyone know when its on ? I want to go this year ...

3) Ra Ra - I missed it again bugger since I have had such a string of nights out and my older liver cannot cope with the stress as much as it used to zzzzzzzzz Sorry Gayham I missed you as door whore ... I'm sure we could have said hello if I was there ...

4) And this is the most important one of all ... I DO NOT AGREE WITH ABUSIVE PRIVATE MESSAGES ... and a deep throat has told me that one of the frequent posters on this thread has been indulging in abusive private messages to a rather well known entertainer ... this practice shoul dbe stopped now and the monitors should check it more closely .. its rather the price that some famous people I guess have to pay for being famous ....

5) The Sheffield gay scene ... goes from strength to strength in spite of the knockers ...

Dempseys - where else can you have such a wonderful time ranging from a deep discussion about art on one hand to brilliant talented Karaoke to humerous quizzes to meeting all sorts of strange wierd and wonderful characters that you would not otherwise meet ...

Lions Lair - lets give this more support folks it has been loooking distinctly unbusy of late the best thing currently about it being its music video jukebox with some fabulous current tracks on - oh and by the way they have a rather cute huge mastiff mix pub dog now who is one of the characters there - and lets have more older people going in there - why should young people have all the fun ... and I am unanimous in that ..

Affinity - after its recent troubles of late it seems to have settled down now - I was in there of a late night this week and Anja Back is still spinning some fabulous tunes and looking gorgeous as always in that sequinned unfeasibly short frock ...

Club Xes - looking rather quiet of late the last time I been but not surprising it is in dodgy location and some dodgy str8 people go in there ...

The Roebuck Tavern - mixed I know but always busy and friday nights Karaoke is hugely popular with gays and straights alike - a classic example of th egreat integration of the 2 communities that Sheffield is uniquely famous for ...

The Matilda - yes I am bangingt he drum on this one a bit when WILL someone tka eit over, re-opn it as a gay bar and bring some Gay LIfe back to that corner of town ...

The Cossack - yes gone I know - friday evening I stood in the middle of the green patch at the point where I uses to sit at the bar and sing Karaoke - the memories came flooding back ah bliss - they should have a plaque in the middle of it in memory to the Cossack ...

Right thats all the rants off my chest at the moment ... I'm sure it will generate much comment ...

Yours Always ... Carby

Oh I didnt know Viva Climax

Archived