Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

Ooooh I dont know I think I make a nice racket ;-)

I would imagine yes there are quite a lot of famous people on the sheffield gay zone scene since its quite a small scene and everyone knows everyone ....

Then a list of them please. I'm unaware of anyone famous and gay living in Sheffield. I'm unaware of anyone famous living in sheffield

Then a list of them please. I'm unaware of anyone famous and gay living in Sheffield. I'm unaware of anyone famous living in sheffield

Oh course there are famous gays in Sheffield dear .. some even have links with Madonna ... ;-0

And as for dead famous Sheffield Gays there is that guy off the radio and there is also Edward Carpenter - look him up .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Carpenter

Oh course there are famous gays in Sheffield dear .. some even have links with Madonna ... ;-0

And as for dead famous Sheffield Gays there is that guy off the radio and there is also Edward Carpenter - look him up .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Carpenter

While he is fascinating and is indeed a activist he is in fact dead so can't really be said to be living in Sheffield, especially since hes interred in surrey.

Who has links to Madonna? What are the links?

While he is fascinating and is indeed a activist he is in fact dead so can't really be said to be living in Sheffield, especially since hes interred in surrey.

Who has links to Madonna? What are the links?

Who else has been to the Old CRown - are there pictures of the interior anywhere?

I havent got a chance to go yet !!

Well why mention it then? Come on, i'm curious, who is famous and what are their links to Madonna?
Well, if you work on the 6 degrees of seperation thing, I have links to various people - madonna, kylie, UB40....the list is long :D

And its less than 6 degrees....

Only problem is you were talking about gay people with links to famous people...and im not, oh well.

Went to the Old Crown last night interior tastefully done. One big problem there was no one else in the place.

Let's hope that people start to use this place.

I was in Dempseys last night, and hardly anyone I spoke to knew about the place.

Yeah have to agree not many people know about the place. I was also in Dempseys same story anyone I spoke to didn't know about the place.

The problem is most of the people who go to Dempseys are very parochial .. they know nothing BUT dempseys ... time and time again I have seen people in Lions Lair or Affinity or presume this new place who would NEVER be seen dead in Dempseys and vice versa .... anytime I do go in one of these newer pubs with someone from Dempseys they cant WAIT to gallop off to Dempseys and be charged 3 quid to get in to drink a pint there .... its got to the stage where I dont bother trying to drag anyone from Dempseys along I just say <yawn> meet you in Dempseys or not if I dont feel in the mood for the place !!!

Archived