Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

Good to hear you finally visited the Old Crown, Carbs., and also your request to keep on topic.

The Old Crown struck me as being very similar in many ways to the Lions Lair in decor, etc., although for smokers they only have a very tiny courtyard out back with a little bench.

They are planning various things for different nights of the week, but other than that, I don't know any more details.

Maybe they might be interested in a Poetry/Literature night as you suggested, Carborundum, or if The Old Crown can't accommodate it, the Lions Lair might be able to host one.

hi didnt konow about new pub crown were is it whats it like.we have not been out since fuel shut can you tell me what gay life there is in sheff town now as we are looking at going into iffinity on fri night

Asst Mod Note - Another 30 minutes wasted on cleaning up pointless and unrelated posts. If it is not to do specifically with the thread title then dont post it! Further abuse of this thread will be forwarded to Geoff to deal with the thread trolls directly! Thanks

I think its good that there will be anew Gay pub opening - who is behind it - Adam? Is the Bulldog the pub that was a gay pub before as Ma Bakers and then became some sort of Hip Hop pub ? MInd you I still went in there to bop the night away ....

Anyways I am a bit dismayed that it is out in Attercliffe - I'm afraid I shant be frequenting it as its a far too dangerous location. I have heard of frequent assaults out in that area which is why I dont go to Club Xes hardly at all these days ... pity it cant be closer to town ! Eg Cultural Quarter ...

I wholeheartedly support the new attercliffe venue in every sense other than intending to actually go there. Best of luck with it. Let's get with the programme and have some proper pubs n bars n clubs in town...

I'll be popping down there soon, as it isn't far from where I live; however, it might be a good idea to offer a free bus down there from West street to get more punters coming down there.

I can see in approximately five years time lots of the brownfield land in the area around the former FAB, Barcelona, etc., will be developed with mixed use, including large numbers of terraced type houses/townhouses, shops, cafes, etc. Until then, as was experienced with FAB, it will be a tough climate to develop and sustain a new Gay venue, but best of luck! Club Xes is proof that Gay clubs out the other end of town from West Street/The Moor CAN work!:love:

I can see in approximately five years time lots of the brownfield land in the area around the former FAB, Barcelona, etc., will be developed with mixed use, including large numbers of terraced type houses/townhouses, shops, cafes, etc.

You have quite an imagination.

Archived