Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

And also can I add my 2 penny worth and request that if there *is* a new gay bar in centre that it cater to ALL sctions of the gay community e.g. not just young, not just disco for example an all inclusive weekly agenda could be along the following lines:

Mon: Quiet night - reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions or Sheffield forummer meets

Tue: Resident Drag acts (featuring our own famous Tyranna of course and maybe a visiting rotation from Anja Back and Juicy Loosey)

Wed: Camp Classics and Karaoke

Thur: Women/Trans/TS only

Fri: Men Only (maybe also strippers?)

Sat: Charts/deep trance/dance for ALL ages and also allow vetted straights in on this night

Sun: Sunday lunch and nighttime Quiz or "whats in your box " or New deal or No deal, Gay Ludo/Arm wrestling or whatever

ALA Dempseys but NOT quite as strict, make Thurs to Sat Members only allowed in free + 1 guest allowed in on payment of say 2 quid (and not the exorbitant amounts that Dempseys charge and have this begin at 10PM and not 9PM ALA Dempseys)., Sun to Wed should have no membership policy on the door i.e. open to all to encourage busines son those nights.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre ? LOL

And also can I add my 2 penny worth and request that if there *is* a new gay bar in centre that it cater to ALL sctions of the gay community e.g. not just young, not just disco for example an all inclusive weekly agenda could be along the following lines:

Mon: Quiet night - reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions or Sheffield forummer meets

Tue: Resident Drag acts (featuring our own famous Tyranna of course and maybe a visiting rotation from Anja Back and Juicy Loosey)

Sat: Charts/deep trance/dance for ALL ages and also allow vetted straights in on this night

Sun: Sunday lunch and nighttime Quiz or "whats in your box " or New deal or No deal, Gay Ludo/Arm wrestling or whatever

ALA Dempseys but NOT quite as strict, make Thurs to Sat Members only allowed in free + 1 guest allowed in on payment of say 2 quid (and not the exorbitant amounts that Dempseys charge and have this begin at 10PM and not 9PM ALA Dempseys)., Sun to Wed should have no membership policy on the door i.e. open to all to encourage busines son those nights.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre ? LOL

You may as well you seem to have a plan. It might shut you up constantly bleating about drag and tyranna as well

Oh dear Carbondium you lost the plot a bit.

Dempseys doesn`t have anything special on a Monday, so why dont you just have it there.

You wont attract much interest in this night.

Dempseys already do this on a Wednesday. So why not go there then.

Xes already do this every few weeks in there on a Friday, so why not go to that night instead.

Why on earth would you want a"men`s only " night, Dempseys already do stripper night every 2 weeks, and they are sooo 1970`s now.

We already have this on a Staurday night in Xes, why not go there.

3 gay venues already do Sunday lunch, Quiz`s just dont work on gay scene.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre

From the above I would say definately not.

So QED then SpiderPete what you have just demonstrated by that reckoning is that there is no real need for another gay bar in Sheffield since we are already well catered for and there is only so much pink pound .... well apart from:

a) reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions - maybe we just need a Gay or Gay friendly coffee shop for this and

b) Resident Drag acts - there is in fact at the moment - since the Affinity debacle - nowhere where we can hear Sheffields own dear Tyranna in full flight on a single regular night of the week !!

I am not sure about that area Tia - maybe if it does develop like you say and becomes busy and cosmopolitan with lots of people about later at night then it might be safer - until then one attack is quite enough for me - thanks

Weren't you telling me not long ago how silly I was for saying I wouldn't go to FAB becasue it was unsafe to be wandering round that area at night ?

I have to agree with Spiderpete, it's 2008 not 1978, try going to a "gay" bar outside of the UK to see what is popular these days, think Wig & Pen rather than Hen & Chickens.

So QED then SpiderPete what you have just demonstrated by that reckoning is that there is no real need for another gay bar in Sheffield since we are already well catered for and there is only so much pink pound .... well apart from:

a) reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions - maybe we just need a Gay or Gay friendly coffee shop for this and

I am at a loss why this one need to be in a "gay friendly coffee shop".

b) Resident Drag acts - there is in fact at the moment - since the Affinity debacle - nowhere where we can hear Sheffields own dear Tyranna in full flight on a single regular night of the week !!

Are you his new agent ? or just a stalker, Dempseys has karaoke on a Wednesday and Sunday so why can`t he sing there, he used to.

My bold and italics.

I have to ask, at what point did all the existing coffee shops become anti-gay ?

Also I'm not gay but the idea that you raised earlier in the thread about the club being for gay people only. How would that work ?

"Straight" bars and clubs are not allowed to restrict access to their premises on grounds of sexuality why should a gay club be able to do that ?

Apologies for stumbling into this thread but gay people cry out for equality (and without doubt should receive it) on the one hand then impose self segregation upon themselves.

People may argue this isn't necessarily a bad thing

Archived