Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

Sheffield will never have a reasonable 'gay scene'.

Some people accuse me of not supporting the so-called 'scene', which is ridiculous (and not true). Fortunately I don't really care.

I have spent a lot of my time and money in Blackpool for several years. I have enjoyed cheap beer in the Flying Handbag every few weekends. I have loved the entertainment that Chris D'Bray and Lady Wincey (and Peggy) provided - all of them true entertainers. Of course none of them are a patch on Stella Artois at the Mardi Gras on a Sunday afternoon. But then who is?

The problem with Sheffield is its NOT GAY ENOUGH and never will be.

Sheffield will never have a reasonable 'gay scene'.

No it won`t, unfortunately it doesn`t have enough support, all it has is "slaggers off".

Some people accuse me of not supporting the so-called 'scene', which is ridiculous (and not true). Fortunately I don't really care.

Of course its untrue dear, you support Viva Climax once a year.

I have spent a lot of my time and money in Blackpool for several years. I have enjoyed cheap beer in the Flying Handbag every few weekends. I have loved the entertainment that Chris D'Bray and Lady Wincey (and Peggy) provided - all of them true entertainers. Of course none of them are a patch on Stella Artois at the Mardi Gras on a Sunday afternoon. But then who is?

Draq queens just don`t work in Sheffield at all, and when Dempseys put a drag night on (Penny Change) it just doesn`t get the support, the last one was very empty.

The problem with Sheffield is its NOT GAY ENOUGH and never will be.

Thank god for that. As Damo said, it doesn`t need to be.

it doesn`t have enough support, all it has is "slaggers off".

If the right place opened I would go there, but I'm not going to a gay establishment, no matter how horrible/cheap/tacky it is, just because it's gay.

I deserve better, we all do.

......... and what is the right place for you.

Pete, i wouldn't worry too much, many times on several threads i have asked for opinions on venues and nights etc and i get only a handfull of responses. I think some people just like the 'woe is me' attitude 'i have nowhere to go' and would rather stay in feeling sorry for themselves, and you will notice those same people are first with any negative comments about any venue that tries to improve things.

Pete, i wouldn't worry too much, many times on several threads i have asked for opinions on venues and nights etc and i get only a handfull of responses. I think some people just like the 'woe is me' attitude 'i have nowhere to go' and would rather stay in feeling sorry for themselves, and you will notice those same people are first with any negative comments about any venue that tries to improve things.

Oh I know, same old same old. Never changes on here.

But you never know, one day, they might tell us what they want, but then they wouldn`t be able to complain/winge about it then :):)

Archived