It's not smoking, and it's in The Lounge Bar

VaporDave

If the council were to be involved I doubt they would see it in the same light. It sounds a bit like the pub that tried to become an embassy for some random island! I would be careful before they show up and stat handing out £50 fines to the 'vaporisers' and to the venue for 'not controlling smoking' within their premises. Not worth the 3k fine or possible licence revocation or an objection when their licence comes for renewal.

Phan, you have hit the nail squarely on the head there, but not in the way that you intended. jamesogt points out the plain fact that this is not a way around the law regardless of how ill-conceived it you feel it may or may not be.

Whilst I applaud vapordave for his enterprise (no, I really do) The patrons, and the licensee within the venue have no way of knowing what is being ingested through these 'vapourisers' and that will continue to be the nub of the issue. The average Joe simply sees drug users.

A licenced public bar isn't the place for a legal or lifestyle crusade IMO.

Phan, you have hit the nail squarely on the head there, but not in the way that you intended. jamesogt points out the plain fact that this is not a way around the law regardless of how ill-conceived it you feel it may or may not be.

Whilst I applaud vapordave for his enterprise (no, I really do) The patrons, and the licensee within the venue have no way of knowing what is being ingested through these 'vapourisers' and that will continue to be the nub of the issue. The average Joe simply sees drug users.

A licenced public bar isn't the place for a legal or lifestyle crusade IMO.

Every time I see someone lift a pint glass full of beer to their face I see a drug user with paraphanalia.

All depends where your prejudice lies.

If the council were to be involved I doubt they would see it in the same light. It sounds a bit like the pub that tried to become an embassy for some random island! I would be careful before they show up and stat handing out £50 fines to the 'vaporisers' and to the venue for 'not controlling smoking' within their premises. Not worth the 3k fine or possible licence revocation or an objection when their licence comes for renewal.

The council have been approached, and they sent me to the charted institute for environmental health in London as they are the policy makers for the government on the smoking issue.

They told me they couldn't say yes or no as there is no smoke, and it doesn't fall under this law.

However, on Tuesday i was interviewed by the star newspaper and they claim to have contacted to a council spokesman that apparently told me that 'the use of my device would be prohibited'.

News to me, I had contacted the council 5 minutes before the interview and they said they couldn't stop me.

The star also reported that the Vaporstar has ceramic filters in it, it doesn't.

So I'm still going to the Lounge, but I don't wish to risk getting the girls that own the place into trouble, so I'll take people next door into my place to try it.

After reading the star, i've decided im going to stay in with a couple of cans of lager tonight and have a smoke, on the off chance the rauchenzei show up in force.

I will however call in tomorrow to try the vaporstar, after i have bought some duty free tobacco.

Archived