What's happening to 'Bed' nightclub on London Road?

Dan_F

I can't see bed being re opened by GC1 as it doesn't make financial sense. They were only making money once or twice a month on big nights like hed kandi. They now have those nights at republic and don't have to pay for the lease of bed. As far as I know they were making no financial gain by running 2 big clubs at the same time. Especially as less people were frequenting superclubs around the country.

I think people were getting bored of the music as it hadn't been changing much in the big clubs. It was the smaller clubs that were pushing the boundaries and trying new things. This eventually paid off as a lot of those clubs became successful. As a result, the music is getting interesting again as is going clubbing. I remember a year or so ago thinking that I was getting to old for it because I wasn't finding it fun any more. Now I've realised that I was just bored of the same thing week in week out. Recently I've had some of the best nights of my life. The future's looking bright.

thats why i stopped doing gatecrasher - same people stood in same places, talking same c**p, then i found bed and the same thing started. i did cheesey for ages after, then went to hed kandi and found the love once more. youre never too old, my mates are from 16 - 43, keep dancing babes xx

I really thought Hed Kandi were quite flat last NYE@Bed. In my humble opinion. Willing to give their Boxing Day bash ago though.

Only problem with growing up is fewer people go clubbing, although when they do they want to make the effort. Plus mates are all over the country, so you get to experience different nights out.

Archived